Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:01:33 PM EDT
If I wanted to buy a 10.5" barrel off of EE, do I need to have the paperwork in hand?  Once I have the paperwork can I put it on the lower reciever that I already have or do I have to have a designated lower?  Can you fill out the apprpriate SBR paperwork online or do you have to go a gun shop?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 7:17:43 PM EDT by REDMASTA]
lol you need to go to the NFA forum and read up on how to get a tax stamp for an SBR lower...a little more to it then going on line or the gun store...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:18:30 PM EDT
There is nothing that says you can't buy the barrel right now, or even put it on an upper. If you have a stripped lower already though you run the risk of it being intent to commit when you have a complete upper and lower even though they are separated. That risk is up to you.

Here's the general class 3 section:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=17
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:39:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kwiker79:
If I wanted to buy a 10.5" barrel off of EE, do I need to have the paperwork in hand?  Once I have the paperwork can I put it on the lower reciever that I already have or do I have to have a designated lower?  Can you fill out the apprpriate SBR paperwork online or do you have to go a gun shop?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

In short...apply for your tax stamp on a Form 1 with exisiting lower sent to the ATF with $200 check. Wait several weeks to a few months to be approved. Once approved buy your short upper & you can legally install it on your newly registered SBR lower. You can also install a short upper on a pistol lower if you have one & still be able to Form 1 it for SBR. Pretty simple but the wait times get to a lot of applicants. Go to the class III forums for a detailed explanation of this procedure. First, however, make sure owning a SBR or pistol is legal in your AO.
Top Top