Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:01:48 AM EDT
Is the modstock supposed to have two nuts and screws?  The destructions says yes, but my kit only came with one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is an older one, but it came with two. (to hold the battery compartments / cheek weld adaptors in place)

One will work, but two is better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I needed.  I'll get in touch with them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the modstock supposed to have two nuts and screws?  The destructions says yes, but my kit only came with one.

I got one of these kits earlier this year, mine also came with 1 nut & bolt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forest:
I called, and from what it sounds like if you bought the kit with the reciever extension you get the two screws and nuts.
Chad
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I just looked at pictures of mine (on line)

My telestock has only one screw and nut retaining the tubes.
My fixed rifle stock has two.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forest:
I called, and from what it sounds like if you bought the kit with the reciever extension you get the two screws and nuts.
Chad

Well I bought the kit with the receiver extension - but I only got 1 nut & bolt.

I'm thinking of picking up a black one (stock only) for my M4, so it will feel more like my lightweight when shouldered.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I called to get the extra screw and nut and one of the tshirts.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good idea.  Though would it be too WECSOG to use an aluminum pop rivet instead?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll trade you one of my screws for the t-shirt.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good idea.  Though would it be too WECSOG to use an aluminum pop rivet instead?

Not as bad as a ziptie.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll trade you one of my screws for the t-shirt.

Negative.  I want that puppy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi M24Shooter,  Is your modstock come with the new pivot compartment caps?  How do you like it overall?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the same question, regarding the screw and nut.

I called Vltor and according to heather ( the lady that answered the phone) the "Basic" Modstock Kits come with only one screw and nut. The non-basic kits have two nuts and screws. The non-basic kits also have the cheek adapter thingies, and the KAC QD sling swivel.

I have a basic clubfoot and it works great for me.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hi M24Shooter,  Is your modstock come with the new pivot compartment caps?  How do you like it overall?  Thanks

Not sure.  What is the "new" version?  What I do know is that the thing is tougher than petrified gorilla turds.  No slop or shift, I think it's great.  I shoot nose to CH, so I don't get any benefit from the wider stock, but if you shoot farther back it would be a lot more comfortable than the M4 stock.  I like the SOCOM stock, but the price is much better on the VLTOR, and access to the compartments goes to the VLTOR as well.
I've been looking at the new MagPul PRS for a new rifle project, but after putting the VLTOR on I have changed my mind.  The PBR is going to get a VLTOR of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for your reply!  I think I will order one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top