Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/22/2003 3:30:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 5:02:55 AM EST by Rem_700]
I have a RRA lower with the fake telescoping stock.

I want to switch to the standard stock.

Is this hard to do?

Will I need any special tools?

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:07:02 AM EST
The only special tool you will "need" is a spanner wrench for the lock ring on the CAR stock.

I put need in quotes, as you can get away with taking it off with padded channel locks/vice grips.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:17:57 AM EST
You may want to take a minute to look at a diagram of how the stock is mounted.  In particular, you want to watch the take-down pin detent spring and detent.  These are held in place by the stock.  When you release the locking ring on the collapsible style stock, a metal plate holding the spring in will come loose.  You will need to watch for the spring and be careful not to lose it.  In front of the spring is the tiny detent which might not come out without persuasion on your part.  Also, take the buffer and spring out before taking the stock off.  Its just easier if you remember this.  Generally, though, it is a very simple procedure.

Top Top