Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2023 4:48:08 PM EDT
Anyone use this stuff ? https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-le-tru-308-winchester-ammo-168-grain-ballistic-tip-t308t-p-108999.aspx.
Is this any good for deer?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The 1st few deer my kids took were with that round.. 150-200yrds. Dumped the deer in their tracks.. These are big MN white tails, not the little dogs in TX or FL.

I used to use Federals 190 grain match in my 300WM, same result. I've stopped using them because they have gotten too spendy. Switching to Hornady's ELD rounds for my DPMS, and my 300WM.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

With the above said, it is a thin skinned match round and comes apart quick, (+)dumping all its energy into the deer.. (-) It's a one hole round, entry hole only = I have never had an exit hole, on the 308. I have had one chest pass through with my 300WM.

It's been my experience that the front shoulder facing the muzzle is crow food, and part of the other shoulder is blood shot as well. Everything in the chest cavity is jelly.

This guy was the only one I took with my 300 that was a through and through chest shot, it was a geyser coming out both sides.. His heart and lungs were AWOL.

Attachment Attached File

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top