Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2023 8:21:31 AM EDT
T2 caps or no caps. Wrong answers only lol.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
T2 caps or no caps. Wrong answers only lol.
View Quote

Got 6 of them.  None have caps.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I like them. Clear on back, black on front.  Both eyes open shooting I can’t tell much if any difference when they are flipped up or closed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing on the rear, solid/black on front.

Some lighting/environmental conditions can be worked around by closing the front cap a la OEG.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
clear in front and back always closed
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the caps but flip open when shooting
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I keep them on but swap out the fronts for clear ones.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I did a whole night shoot with the front cap on once.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 2:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
AIMPOINT with a 3x magnifier = scope cover big enough to cover both. AIMPOINT by itself = flip caps.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
clear in front and back always closed
View Quote

Is that to see you sometimes open the front?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Monocular on non-dominant eye? Dual tubes? You can sort of aim using the Bindon aiming concept.

Maybe using IR pointers? No need for optics.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I like having clear on both ends.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Monocular on non-dominant eye? Dual tubes? You can sort of aim using the Bindon aiming concept.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works very well in low light scenarios with the use of a white light.

Low light calls for low dot intensity or you’ve got a bursting exploding red star in your optic with no light activated.  Go ahead and activate your white light with your dot turned down low enough for low light use and the dot washes out completely.

Flip the solid front cap closed and the low intensity dot no longer washes out when activating the white light.

I haven’t found a use for occluded eye aiming when shooting passively with NODs.  I guess maybe with a monocular on the non dominant eye but when I had a monocular I just used it through the optic on my dominant eye.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Free yourself....go cap free.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Free yourself....go cap free.....
View Quote

You don't count; you're a T1 guy
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep

Murphy is never on my side
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's really as simple as this...
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a fan of caps on anything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I love caps. Cap all the optics!

My aimpoint has clear front and rear.  Mostly to keep shit off the glass in poor conditions but still be usable if needed.  I open mine down and let them rest on the upper instead of flipping them up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I love caps. Cap all the optics!

My aimpoint has clear front and rear.  Mostly to keep shit off the glass in poor conditions but still be usable if needed.  I open mine down and let them rest on the upper instead of flipping them up.
View Quote

I cannot stand the caps but that dot is so fucking dim i dont understand how people use it. But the cap hinge is soooooooo ugly.

Id love to see a one piece rubber cap for the front.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:18:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I cover the front lens on some optics.

I almost never cover the rear and just clean with optic cloth as needed.

I like the Tango Down IO cover on T1/H1 optics. Keeps glass clean if you store rifle in a open cockpit vehicle in dusty conditions but stays out of way when open. Wish they made them for the T2.

I also feel you only put wrong answers on your poll, LOL.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Black Front kept closed on my HD gun, or when out at night.

It's for low light shooting, not protection.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:19:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

See, I heard that this was just a side effect of military requirement of not having any forward glare. I don't think it was meant as an occluded sight. I think I might prefer some thing that will work in all conditions without requiring a cap.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

See, I heard that this was just a side effect of military requirement of not having any forward glare. I don't think it was meant as an occluded sight. I think I might prefer some thing that will work in all conditions without requiring a cap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARDs are for glare mitigation.  It’s literally in the name.

Needing to compensate for mixed lighting environments is not solvable with equipment (at least without stepping into the NV world).  Low light needs a low intensity dot.  High light areas need high intensity.  

You have two choices there.  Keep adjusting the dot or use a cap to eliminate the issue entirely.  A different red dot isn’t going to fix the problem.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Needing to compensate for mixed lighting environments is not solvable with equipment (at least without stepping into the NV world).  Low light needs a low intensity dot.  High light areas need high intensity.  

You have two choices there.  Keep adjusting the dot or use a cap to eliminate the issue entirely.  A different red dot isn’t going to fix the problem.
View Quote

My car is for transportation but that doesnt mean motorcycle isnt. Aimpoint told me its for glare and if im not mistaken, the h2 has clear caps. That may have changed?
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My car is for transportation but that doesnt mean motorcycle isnt. Aimpoint told me its for glare and if im not mistaken, the h2 has clear caps. That may have changed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, caps perform a number of functions.  I was speaking to the low light discussion.  If you’re concerned with glare/glint, an ARD is a better solution.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like the Tango Down IO cover on T1/H1 optics. Keeps glass clean if you store rifle in a open cockpit vehicle in dusty conditions but stays out of way when open. Wish they made them for the T2.
View Quote

They make them for the T2.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#27]
No caps...
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://tangodown.com/io-cover-for-aimpoint-t-2-io-004/
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#29]
The only cap you should have in your T2 is the KAC cap. No lens covers. Personally, I think they just get in the way and aesthetically are an eyesore.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn sure font loose one...they be $$$
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I keep the caps over the lenses unless I'm shooting.  My older comp m5 has the coating worn off the front lens from rubbing against stuff and it looks like ass when looking through it.  If you're the average person that shoots 3 times a year at the range then I guess you don't need them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I keep the caps over the lenses unless I'm shooting.  My older comp m5 has the coating worn off the front lens from rubbing against stuff and it looks like ass when looking through it.  If you're the average person that shoots 3 times a year at the range then I guess you don't need them.
View Quote

Most RDSs have recessed lenses.  I see 15y+ old beat to shit Comp M2s all the time with basically scratch free lenses and those likely haven’t seen a lens cover for the better part of their life.

What are you doing to have shit scratching your lenses up like that?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haha no. You are "cleaning" your lens alot, aren't you?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top