Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:32:01 AM EDT
Del Ton Stripped lower with Del ton parts kit.

Daniel Defense Stipped Upper (Forward assist and ejection port installed)

Magpul Carbine Stock

BCM Buffer Kit "H"

BCM Full Auto bolt carrier group (gonna run it Semi though)

BCM charging handle.

I bought a delta ring and need to find a barrell and barrell rails.  What else do I need to buy other than sights, gas tubes and gas blocks?    And what do you think of my project so far?  How would you the rate the quality of my parts so far?  I want a good gun but not trying to spend an arm and a leg.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
What additional tools do I need as well?  I know Ill need an armours wrench and a vise block for my upper.  Are there special tools for the buffer tube or is that peice included in the armours wrench?

My first build and first post, would love any feed on my project so far.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What additional tools do I need as well?  I know Ill need an armours wrench and a vise block for my upper.  Are there special tools for the buffer tube or is that peice included in the armours wrench?

My first build and first post, would love any feed on my project so far.

The alignment tool for the gas tube to upper is handy. You can substitute a drill bit of the correct diameter.
 The one I use is .179 inch. I think it's a #15. It's important to get that sucker right. Oh, no it doesn't come with the wrench.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  Any barreel recommendations?  

Looking for a Chrome Lined 16 inch with m4 feed ramp.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Just put it together w/ out the buttstock, take pics, save 'em, & post 'em.  Then put the buttstock on.

Good:

Other > Pistol > Rifle > Pistol

Bad:

Other > Rifle > Pistol

Got an armorer's wrench yet?  Some will tell you to get a torque wrench as well for the bbl nut.

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  Should I follow these steps if I never plan on making this an AR Pistol?  Also, quality wise- what do you think of the parts I selected.  Thanks.  Im a noob
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Other > Pistol > Rifle > Pistol is also handy if you ever intend to SBR an AR, b/c now you have a pistol lower you can put the short upper on.  Also handy if you want to weld the flash suppressor on a 14.5/14.7" bbl yourself, as you have a pistol receiver handy.

Given that you can use any length bbl (in most states, check yours) and any length or configuration buffer tube (pistol, carbine, rifle), there's no additional expense in building a "pistol" from an "other" receiver.  Just a legal step thanks to FDR.

Any time I see DD I'm envious.  When I started my build I was poor, and now I don't know what I want to build my AR to do, so I have a bull bbl 16" pistol w/ no gas system & a rifle buffer - I think you're ahead of me.  : )

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top