Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2011 10:29:02 PM EDT
First off, please excuse my ignorance.

I've seen 2 point slings where each end is tied to the rifle useing para cord.  Are these bought?  Home made?  I have a single point sling, but am thinking about changing and this idea of useing para cord as attachments intrigues me.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]

The slings you are referring to are IDF (Isreali) style slings.  You can buy them online, but they are easily made using some paracord and a USGI general purpose carry strap that you can find at any surplus store.  I know someone posted instructions on how to make them awhile ago, but I lost the link.  I'm sure someone will come along that has it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Plus the paracord options let you mix and match different combinations and setups. Everyones idea of comfort and useability is

different. Paracord lets you do this without spending a bundle initially.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been meaning to post this. Due to the job I am on allowing no ad on accessories to or weapons. I came up with this. Apparently if we can fashion something out of zip ties, 550 cord or riggers tape it acceptable.

This is a simple 3/4 inch metal ring attached to 500 cord that is cobra stitched to the buffer tube. Actually works great.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I like it!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I take off the fron sling swivels and put through paracord and also tie it off to the FSB for a 2 point tie down.I use it on the rear off the stock as well just a small loop to hook on my D ring on my gear for a 1 point carry.I use a mod stock and have a QD swivel that the rear of the sling connects too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have been meaning to post this. Due to the job I am on allowing no ad on accessories to or weapons. I came up with this. Apparently if we can fashion something out of zip ties, 550 cord or riggers tape it acceptable.

This is a simple 3/4 inch metal ring attached to 500 cord that is cobra stitched to the buffer tube. Actually works great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/lt557/DSC02946.jpg

I really like that.  I might copy it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought a Yankee Hill Machine upper with a plain free float tube.  I wrapped it with paracord, and wrapped the paracord over the loop at the front of the sling.  So far, so good, though everybody tells me it won't last.  It has lasted so far, but hasn't seen any real use, and no abuse whatsoever.

However, if it fails, I will revert to plan B.
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I recently bought a Yankee Hill Machine upper with a plain free float tube.  I wrapped it with paracord, and wrapped the paracord over the loop at the front of the sling.  So far, so good, though everybody tells me it won't last.  It has lasted so far, but hasn't seen any real use, and no abuse whatsoever.

However, if it fails, I will revert to plan B.

If anyone knows how to make something last, it's the IDF. I'm pretty sure everything they use has paracord in, or wrapped around it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top