Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2009 7:32:41 AM EDT
Just wanted to know if these are worth while. I know Sig makes some damn good stuff,I'm about to pull the trigger on some 30 round polymer mags and wanted to know if there is any reason to avoid these?
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
tried some about a month ago in a new Sig 556 and im not really sure if it was the new gun , the cold or the mags but we had about 20 jams. they worked fine in my AR but my aluminum mag did not jam in the 556. the little clip that they come with to connect them is a cool idea and works really well and hold REALLY well. i couldnt pull them apart onece locking together.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked the same question but my thread got moved to the Sig forum for some reason but all the PMag threads stay and are not moved to the Magpul forum. Weird
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a set of these and they do not drop free from my Sabre Defence lower receiver. I don't plan on returning them or selling them. I haven't had a chance to get to the range and see how the function is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Have put exactly 18 rounds through my sole Sig magazine; all were 75gr BTHP.

The results:
One cartridge nose-dived into the front of the magazine, causing a stoppage.  This was perhaps round #12 out of the mag.

My interpretation (admittedly based on an extremely miniscule sample):
The sharp nose of the hollow point, after several recoil cycles, migrated to the front of the magazine.  This caused the tip to drag on the soft plastic, causing the malfunction.

I suspect that this is a hazard with all plastic magazines, not just the Sig.  At any rate, I'll never trust a plastic magazine again for any hollow points.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top