Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:03:19 PM EDT
I just ran through my case of pmc bronze ammo and am looking to order another one, but I found some PMC x-tac for the same price. Just wanted to know if there is really any difference between the two? I know the x-tac 62 grain is penetrator ammo but is the x-tac 55gr and different or better than bronze?
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
From the Archives

PMC 855

Bronze

Like the difference between XM193 and XM855.

PMC = Made in Korea
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the xtac is loaded to 5.56 pressure while the bronze is .223.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#3]
i have my rifle sighted in with 55grain TAP...    To practice shoot, I use 55gr PMC bronze because they hit almost exactly in the same place at 100 yards, (they are a little higher than the tap beyond that out to 500 yards, but the difference is enough to know in case I have to use PMC Bronze during SHTF scenario)

When I used the TAC-55gr, they were way off to the right by 2inches @ 100 yards and almost 10" at 300 yards...  They did not have the same 100 yard zero as TAP or PMC Bronze...   NOR DID THEY GROUP AS WELL AT EITHER RANGE!

SO I use the Bronze...  ammunition to go  has it...
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I believe the xtac is loaded to 5.56 pressure while the bronze is .223.

XTAC should be 5.56 pressure with crimped primers. IIRC headstamp is PSD. I would get the XTAC.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top