[#1]
OP you rock.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP you rock.
View Quote

Dunno about all that, but glad that someone else found it useful.  

Eta: Looks like TBA has them as well HERE
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
goodbye sweet money's
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
goodbye sweet money's
View Quote

Such is always the case.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a PSA kit with a CHF barrel that I was going to swap uppers on to make an A2, but now I’m tempted to just buy this and do something else with the PSA barreled upper.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought a PSA kit with a CHF barrel that I was going to swap uppers on to make an A2, but now I'm tempted to just buy this and do something else with the PSA barreled upper.

Thoughts?
View Quote
DO it.

I love my CAPCO upper

Military Surplus A2 Upper by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a PSA kit with a CHF barrel that I was going to swap uppers on to make an A2, but now I’m tempted to just buy this and do something else with the PSA barreled upper.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Either is good kit.

Hard to beat USGI for authenticity.

I vote both, in true Arfcom fashion.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Asked Big Chris there at SAC if paying extra for hand-picking would be cool and he said I shouldn't bother as these are some of the nicest uppers he's seen in a while .

So we shall see.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Asked Big Chris there at SAC if paying extra for hand-picking would be cool and he said I shouldn't bother as these are some of the nicest uppers he's seen in a while .

So we shall see.
View Quote

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#10]
oos
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
oos
View Quote

No surprise there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No surprise there.
View Quote

Saved me buying one, I need an A2 like a hole in the head, but for that price?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No surprise there.

I talked to Chris today, he's working on getting another haul. Hopefully things work out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Appreciate the heads-up on this one.  I got one and just paid for it - but barely - I think it was literally the last one, per Chris.  Hopefully it's not the one from the bottom of the barrel that's all beat to hell.

I did see that the other location (TB Armament) mentioned earlier that also had them - they came back in stock a few hours ago, but then went out of stock within about 15 mins again.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Appreciate the heads-up on this one.  I got one and just paid for it - but barely - I think it was literally the last one, per Chris.  Hopefully it's not the one from the bottom of the barrel that all beat to hell.

I did see that the other location (TB Armament) mentioned earlier that also had them - they came back in stock a few hours ago, but then went out of stock within about 15 mins again.
View Quote

Good deal.

I've not dealt with TBA, but from all that I hear, vendor is solid.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I always miss the good stuff
RIP
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
RIP
View Quote

You just got here. :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP

Lmao!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP you rock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP you rock.
View Quote

He has his moments. :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

??
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP you rock.

What, you know how many times I've missed these. Like five times, don't judge me! Lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I missed out and was wakened by the sound of rednecks shooting off fireworks and guns early this morning
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What, you know how many times I've missed these. Like five times, don't judge me! Lol
View Quote

This is very true, good buy and fantastic rifle to be!

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Asked Big Chris there at SAC if paying extra for hand-picking would be cool and he said I shouldn't bother as these are some of the nicest uppers he's seen in a while.
View Quote

The time that Chris told me that, he sent me this beautiful Colt surplus M4 upper, so I’m pretty confident in his judgment!
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Things got a little weird in here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Non-sequitur, but is there a reason that Chris/SharkArms hasn't put together an ecommerce solution for his site?  While I understand that he's probably comfortable with the way he's always done it, it's so much easier and more efficient for all involved with only a minor investment cost to roll it out.  I can't imagine the time he spends on the phone, the email in his gmail box he has to go through and organizing the orders and shipments.  Most hosts (he's using GoDaddy) even offer free web stores - just takes a bit of time to set it up.  GoDaddy's full solution is only $300 per year - and that includes the domain, email, SSL cert, 24/7 support, email marketing, SEO, webstore with things like shipping options, discounts/promos and all the normal product listings, flex playments, etc.  Then he can have real-time inventory tracking, customers ordering online and auto-associating purchases with invoices, packing slips and tracking.  Seems like he's doing all that manually right now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Non-sequitur, but is there a reason that Chris/SharkArms hasn't put together an ecommerce solution for his site?  While I understand that he's probably comfortable with the way he's always done it, it's so much easier and more efficient for all involved with only a minor investment cost to roll it out.  I can't imagine the time he spends on the phone, the email in his gmail box he has to go through and organizing the orders and shipments.  Most hosts (he's using GoDaddy) even offer free web stores - just takes a bit of time to set it up.  GoDaddy's full solution is only $300 per year - and that includes the domain, email, SSL cert, 24/7 support, email marketing, SEO, webstore with things like shipping options, discounts/promos and all the normal product listings, flex playments, etc.  Then he can have real-time inventory tracking, customers ordering online and auto-associating purchases with invoices, packing slips and tracking.  Seems like he's doing all that manually right now.
View Quote

The man is old school, doubtful he will change.

But yeah...so many possible avenues for improvement.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#29]
It looks like both are out - any idea where anyone else would have one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I would be happy with just a 20in rifle length barrel lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#31]
The Del-Ton 20" rifle kits are in stock as of today at MidwayUSA, FYI.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It looks like both are out - any idea where anyone else would have one?
View Quote

Stroke of luck just seeing these drop.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#33]
8 more hit the TBA page today, wearing RAS M5 handguards.

Gone immediately.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I always miss this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#35]
How do you order?

Sent an email about some stuff last Thurs? So far no reply.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How do you order?

Sent an email about some stuff last Thurs? So far no reply.
View Quote

If your talking about SAC, phone is the best course of action.

The man is....old school.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Will call in the morning

thx
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Will call in the morning

thx
View Quote

@retroangles

FWIW,  just a heads up. I talked to Chris this afternoon, they are in the process of relocating shop to Elgin this week in order to "speed up service and possibly go automated so we can streamline the ordering process", it's a bit of a madhouse currently.

Hopefully the improvements do come to pass.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Good to know thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I talked to Chris today, he's working on getting another haul. Hopefully things work out.
View Quote

How do you see the price on his site?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How do you see the price on his site?
View Quote

I'm not sure that I'm tracking. Prices are listed in descriptions.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine arrived today.  The box had no padding in it (lol?) and the top of the box was broken open so that I could see the flash hider and barrel, so it was *very* obvious what was in it.  I'm sure the UPS driver was like "WTF is this guy ordering?"    

That aside, the upper looks like it hasn't been fired at all, but has rattled around in some racks for a long time - lots of scratches, dings, rub-marks, etc...  but the bore looks really nice and the inside of the upper doesn't look like it has ever had a charging handle used in it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today.  The box had no padding in it (lol?) and the top of the box was broken open so that I could see the flash hider and barrel, so it was *very* obvious what was in it.  I'm sure the UPS driver was like "WTF is this guy ordering?"    

View Quote

WTF?

I've not received any order from him that didn't take extra effort to unpack due to excess wrapping/packaging.

Curious as to what possessed him to just throw it in a box.
God knows that USPS is a shit show and can't be trusted. The man even has a blog on his page detailing it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

WTF?

I've not received any order from him that didn't take extra effort to unpack due to excess wrapping/packaging.

God knows that USPS is a shit show and can't be trusted. The man even has a blog on his page detailing it.
View Quote
Theoretically, I suppose someone, somewhere along the line could have opened it and pulled out the contents (including packing material) and then shoved just the upper back in sans packing material, because when I got it, I didn't have to open anything else to remove the upper - I was able to pull the entire upper out of the existing opening.  The box it came in was fairly small and somewhat 'form-fitting' to an upper, so even though it may have been banging around in transit, it didn't have anything else in the box to bang into (literally, nothing - lol) and it didn't have any unusual wear on any part of it that would have suggested that it was smacked around, dropped, etc.  I'm not upset as it wasn't a "new" upper - I was more worried that I am now on some UPS list about ordering things that they feel I shouldn't be ordering, or now on the UPS driver's personal list as an "interesting house" (I order a LOT of stuff online).
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Theoretically, I suppose someone, somewhere along the line could have opened it and pulled out the contents (including packing material) and then shoved just the upper back in sans packing material, because when I got it, I didn't have to open anything else to remove the upper - I was able to pull the entire upper out of the existing opening.  The box it came in was fairly small and somewhat 'form-fitting' to an upper, so even though it may have been banging around in transit, it didn't have anything else in the box to bang into (literally, nothing - lol) and it didn't have any unusual wear on any part of it that would have suggested that it was smacked around, dropped, etc.  I'm not upset as it wasn't a "new" upper - I was more worried that I am now on some UPS list about ordering things that they feel I shouldn't be ordering, or now on the UPS driver's personal list as an "interesting house" (I order a LOT of stuff online).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

I expect shit to be packaged correctly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#46]
FYI, I am making this into a bigger issue than it is - not intentionally.  My biggest concern is that the UPS guy (and others at UPS) knows I ordered an AR upper.  

I also do need to correct myself.  Upon looking in the very bottom of the box, there does appear to be a small amount of some packing material and a business card.

The box looks like it was taped up securely from the shipper, but either came apart at some point, or someone got curious and opened it.  Or, if there was not enough padding around the upper to prevent it from moving up and down in the box, I could see how the inertia of it moving could have punctured the top so that the flash hider was protruding, and from there, some UPS people got curious (but not sure why they wouldn't have taped it back up if that were the case).  Even so, there was only packing material at the bottom which appears to have been there since it was shipped.

This is how it was when I brought it in 30 seconds after the UPS guy left it on my doorstep - not sure this was Chris's fault:

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FYI, I am making this into a bigger issue than it is - not intentionally.  My biggest concern is that the UPS guy (and others at UPS) knows I ordered an AR upper.  

I also do need to correct myself.  Upon looking in the very bottom of the box, there does appear to be a small amount of some packing material and a business card.

The box looks like it was taped up securely from the shipper, but either came apart at some point, or someone got curious and opened it.  Or, if there was not enough padding around the upper to prevent it from moving up and down in the box, I could see how the inertia of it moving could have punctured the top so that the flash hider was protruding, and from there, some UPS people got curious (but not sure why they wouldn't have taped it back up if that were the case).  Even so, there was only packing material at the bottom which appears to have been there since it was shipped.

This is how it was when I brought it in 30 seconds after the UPS guy left it on my doorstep - not sure this was Chris's fault:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50831302228_064a07e726_k.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50832131037_7c65af21a6_k.jpg
View Quote

As a seller I am guilty of over packaging items. USPS/UPS both beat shit to death.

I wouldn't worry too much about the opinion of the carrier myself. They handle complete firearms on a daily basis , delivering to FFLs routinely.  

Glad it got to you and wasn't stopped/lost.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50831302228_064a07e726_k.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50832131037_7c65af21a6_k.jpg
View Quote

I once had a AK that went through this. It was rammed so hard against something it broke the front sight in half lol
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#49]
In stock at TBA

@Sputnik556
@smicha6551
@Blacksavage70
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#50]
OOS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top