Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2012 11:12:30 PM EDT
I am close to this with my Eotech on mine. I have about another two hundred in parts I will be
getting forr mlne. I will add pictures soon.

If you could add sme info on whatt all is in it.

THANKS!  GATOR!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/sirhybrid/IMG_0107.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/sirhybrid/IMG_0110.jpg

*Spike's Tactical Lower  ––$130 transfered from my FFL
*Spike's Tactical Enhanced Lower Parts Kit (which includes):
––KNS Gen 2 Anti-Rotation Pins
––Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron Trigger Group
––Spike's Tactical Aluminum Trigger Guard
––Spike's Tactical Ambi Safety
––-(not pictured, Ergo grip)––-$150
*Spike's Tactical ST-T2 Buffer ––$33
*Spike's Tactical Buffer Spring ––$10
*Buffer Tube as part of an Ergo F93 stock ––$165 ( I bought the stock with the strike plate and butt pad, I am awaiting my sbr stamp to install the rest of it.)
*No-name ambi sling endplate, trimmed with a dremel to be Left side only ––FREE, came with the Ergo stock.
*Magpul MOE "K" grip––-$20
*Troy Folding Battle Sights with HK-style Front Sight ––$220
*Noveske upper that included the following:
***Noveske 10.5" Cold Hammer Forged, Chrome-Lined Barrel and Noveske gas block
***Bravo Company Mod 4 Charging Handle
***Vltor Vis 2a 10" Monolithic Upper receiver
****Noveske KX3 flash hider (not pictured...sold and replaced with an A2 flash hider)––$1315 shipped

*Magpul AFG2––-$35
*KZ OFM Offset Flashlight Mount ––$20
*Leatherman Serac S3 Flashlight––-$15
*A2 Flash Hider––$10
*Ergo Ladder Rail Covers––$18
*Primary Arms Micro Red Dot––-$93

Grand total: $2199.
And that doesn't include pmags, or some tools I bought to help assemble the lower (stock wrench, spring loaded center punch). Shit adds up fast, but this is a quality AR15 and I feel I got what I paid for. I have 820 flawless rounds through it, and I've only had it put together for a month. It is a nice shooter. But you can see how I would be closer to $3000 if I bought the Aimpoint T1 or H1 that I wanted with a good LaRue mount or an American Defense mount. I am saving for my wedding, so I had to limit myself for now.

Updated with a pic of my other expensive pistol...not quite $2000, but I thought it was expensive at the time. That was before I got $2200 deep into an AR build. Hahaha. The AR has 820 rounds through it with only one Failure to Fire, caused by a shitty primer in a Remington UMC round. It basically blew fire out the back instead of the front of the round. The HK P30 has 3115 rounds through it, and has only had 4 Failure to Fires, all caused by primers that were set too deep in Aguila (Remington of Mexico) ammunition. All 4 rounds fired upon a second strike. Needless to say, I'm becomming not a big fan of Remington Ammunition's budget lines...I prefer to shoot Federal / Lake City / American Eagle. It is relatively clean, relatively inexpensive, and has never given me any problems.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Not the greatest pic but,

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/jstkillurself85/167.jpg

-Mega Arms Billet Upper, Lower, and Charging Handle  $440
-Fail Zero BCG  $250
-Daniel Defense LPK $82
-Noveske 10.5" barrel $350
-Midwest Quad Rail $150
-Troy Claymore $65
-PWS Pistol Buffer $100
-H2 Buffer $45
-Sprinco Extra Power Spring $45
-BCM Extractor Kit $5
-Magpul Bad Lever $30
-Magpul AFG $35
-Upper Parts Kit $24
-Magpul Flip Up Sights (not in the pic) $100
-Hogue Grip $20
-Eotech XPS2-2 $480

Total-$2197
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to change subject but those with the 10.5" barrel what is you OAL? I am currently building a pistol but the state I am a resident of, Not ND where I live, has a law that says the OAL must be less than 26" to be a pistol, so I am concerned I may need to go to 7.5" which I really don't want to do for many reasons.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not to change subject but those with the 10.5" barrel what is you OAL? I am currently building a pistol but the state I am a resident of, Not ND where I live, has a law that says the OAL must be less than 26" to be a pistol, so I am concerned I may need to go to 7.5" which I really don't want to do for many reasons.

I'm almost positive mine came out to 25 and 1/4" OAL. I know for a fact its under 26".
Thats with the PWS pistol tube, which is 7" long from the end of the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry - I could only find a picture with one Garand pistol.  No two Garand pistols here.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry - I could only find a picture with one Garand pistol.  No two Garand pistols here.  

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/ainfantry7/101_0421.jpg

Run I hear banjo's playing !!!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#9]

If you count the optic and suppressor.

Spikes upper/lower
Spikes BCG
Spikes pistol buffer tube and T2 buffer
BCM Charging handle
Troy alpha rail
Rainier Arms 10.5" match barrel
TA44S-10 Acog in ADM mount
51T muzzle brake
AAC M4-2000

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 3:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
You could put an acog and a suppressor on any gun and be over 2 grand. IMO, that doesn't count. Still a nice pistol though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You could put an acog and a suppressor on any gun and be over 2 grand. IMO, that doesn't count. Still a nice pistol though.

That's true! Lot of nice pistols here !!  I decided to put off my pictures for a couple days. I just got some new parts in for it  

Still working on it. more to come. Soon !  

Up Date.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#12]

I'm looking to order the quick take down pins and mag release with skull on them, and a bolt cover to match.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp150/mrbill24/pistol.jpg

If you count the optic and suppressor.

Spikes upper/lower
Spikes BCG
Spikes pistol buffer tube and T2 buffer
BCM Charging handle
Troy alpha rail
Rainier Arms 10.5" match barrel
TA44S-10 Acog in ADM mount
51T muzzle brake
AAC M4-2000

look, it's an unregistered SBR!.... oh, wait..... umm..
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Soooo   I take it  AFG's are ok from these pictures??
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice job on the build! I have the YHM EZ Takedown pins, and I love em. Definitely worth the few extra bucks.
Looking at your pics,  I wonder when Eotech started putting the buttons on the side. The one I have has em on the back face. Having em on the side should make it a lot nicer.

pjomalley, there is a letter floating around from the BATF stating that the AFG are GTG on pistols. Some people dont trust it unless they themselves have a letter stating that, so you decide.
Edit- It may also depend on where you live. As for me I'm in Michigan and havent see any rules or regs that pertain to grips on pistols. So I go with what the BATF says.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I payed a little more for the buttons on the side. It's easy to work them with your left hand.
But I can see the left handlers not too happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I built mine with a pistol buffer and it would have been under as long as the brake was not pinned. With my brake pinned, it brought the OAL to 27". I did get a 1.98 inch brake. Just keep in mind as soon as you pin it, it is part of the total barrel lenght. In my state I had to be over "26 inches to build my firearm... Cause pistols are not legal.

My CT. legal ]http://www.flickr.com/photos/70023486@N08/6832366098/in/photostream]My CT. legal "FIREARM"

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#18]

PSA Upper / Lower
Geissele S3G Trigger
RRA LPK minus Trigger
Spikes M16 BCG
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 Charging handle
LMT Buffer Tube
Colt H2 Buffer/Spring
Noveske QD Endplate
KAC 600M rear BUIS
KAC URX II Mid Length Rail
KAC Handstop
AAC 51T Muzzle Brake
Noveske 11.5" 1/7 SS Barrel
BFG VCAS Sling w/ QD swivels
Aimpoint T-1 2MOA Micro
Larue LT-751 Mount
Tax Stamp...

Awaiting:
Surefire M300A in Larue Mount
Surefire ST-05
Magpul STR Stock
And finally...F4 is pending for AAC 762SDN6 suppressor.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top