Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 9:23:14 PM EDT
Hello guys!

I'm pretty new to the AR world since this kind of firearms were allowed for civilian use in my country not long ago and, as soon as I could, I asked for an import permit for the rifle I always dreamed about - a 20 inch AR (I know, I know... )

After some research here and on FB groups I ended up choosing the Windham Weaponry Government Rifle. I know that US is going through some crazy times now (specially in the gun market), but these great guys from Maine were able to ship the rifle to my exporter in like 2 weeks after I paid for it... and now it's on the way home. I hope it was a good choice.

Well, since I want to make it similar to the M16A4, I gotta find a quad rail handguard for it but I'm having a real hard time on choosing one and also on finding some store that would export it to me.

Do you guys have any suggestions? (continues on the next post due to char limit)

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#1]
1 - About the handguard, I was thinking about this one - https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mctar-22g2-blk.htm - but I have no idea if it's good and couldn't really find any reviews about it. Any thoughts on this?

I'm also aware that, for cloning purposes, I'd need to get a KAC M5 RAS, but they're way out of my budget (specially because I'll have to pay 100% of taxes over the product price + shipping )

2 - About the place to buy it... any suggestions of stores that ship internationally?

3 - ...mayyyyybe any of you guys got one of these laying around and is willing to sell it ?

I can give all the proof necessary that it would not be an infringement of the brazilian laws since I officially asked our "ATF" (called DFPC - Diretoria de Fiscalização de Produtos Controlados) about it and they told me that this is not a regulated part.

Well, this is pretty much everything I guess. Sorry for the long post and thank you all in advance for all the help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Midwest Industries makes quality parts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Windham makes an excellent rifle and a 20" rifle is a favorite of everyone.

Midwest Industries makes excellent parts, you cannot go wrong with them.

As for who will export to Brazil, I can't help you there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
a Knights Armament M5 RAS would be the actual A4 drop in rail. I don't know how difficult it would be to get to Brazil though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a Knights Armament M5 RAS would be the actual A4 drop in rail. I don't know how difficult it would be to get to Brazil though.
View Quote

This. M5 RAS in KAC or P&S flavor.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

^ This. OpticsPlanet I know will sell items internationally. I'd order thru them and let them deal with the ITAR BS or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks bud.

Quoted:
Windham makes an excellent rifle and a 20" rifle is a favorite of everyone.

Midwest Industries makes excellent parts, you cannot go wrong with them.

As for who will export to Brazil, I can't help you there.

Well, I've got even more excited now .

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

^ This. OpticsPlanet I know will sell items internationally. I'd order thru them and let them deal with the ITAR BS or whatever.

The M5 RAS would be great, but it's currently out of stock on the sites I've checked and mannn... that's a lot of money  (~USD 300... specially for a non free float hg).

Good to know about OpticsPlanet, by the way! This MI handguard is 22% off there and I bet I could get some coupon for additional discount as well.

I've also looked for the BCM QRF 12" handguard, price is similar, looks awesome, but I'd have to remove the front sight post to install it... so I guess it's a no-go for me.

I really appreciate all the answers, guys. Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have two of their drop in quad rails on 16" guns.  They are an amazingly tight fit.  Excellent product.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Daniel Defense Omega 12.

No longer made, you'd have to search the secondary market. It's FF, drop-in, and lighter than the KAC RAS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I think that I have an extra Surefire M82 handguard lying around that I would send you for the $15.75 shipping.  I’ll look today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Daniel Defense Omega 12.

No longer made, you'd have to search the secondary market. It's FF, drop-in, and lighter than the KAC RAS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Daniel Defense Omega 12.

I think I know which one that is. I've seen some M16A5 "concept clones" (dunno how to name it properly, honestly ) with DD handguards. They look awesome, by the way.

Quoted:
I think that I have an extra Surefire M82 handguard lying around that I would send you for the $15.75 shipping.  I’ll look today.

A little late, but I've sent you a PM.

Thank you! :)

---

EDIT: by the way, sorry mods for posting in the wrong section.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Hand guards are probably Itar controlled here so most businesses may balk at sending to Brazil.

Nobody is getting a packaged HG to Brazil for $16. I can’t even ship a package that size in country for that price.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. I have one of their drop-ins on my M4gery. Love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top