Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2012 2:29:05 PM EDT
A few months back I purchased a Stag Arms model 3 with the plus package. I have had an excellent experience with it firing M855. Every round goes boom and lands where I want it to (unless I mess up the shot). However, I have seen tons of mixed reviews for Stag products. I have about 1000 rounds downrange so far. I would be interested to hear everyone's experiences with Stag products and find out if I can expect continued good luck or if I should be scared of what will happen 4k-5k rounds from now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
if I had to guess Id say I have around 2k rounds through my stag 3HL upper and have had no problems at all, I got this before they started doing the Plus packages too, so it doesn't have M4 feed ramps or any of the other fun stuff
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Doubt that I really NEED the plus package but it makes me feel good. What kind of rounds are you firing?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get worked up about some of the chatter - I personally think there's a lot of "my choice rocks and everything else is garbage" going on.

With M855, your Stag should be good to go, Plus Package or no. I have found the quality of my Stags to be excellent. I chose to go with Stag lowers for 8 of my non-Stag uppers, and have been very happy with them. The only non-Stag separate lower I have is a Spikes.

I have never had an issue with any of my Stags (4 of them, including both lefty and righty models). If trouble happened, I'd be perfectly happy to pick one of them up and trust my life to it.

For context, I have 5 Colts (3 LE6940s and 2 LT6720Rs), 2 LWRCs, 2 Noveskes, 2 LMT MRPs, a Bushmaster patrol carbine, a POF 415, a Sig 556, an FS2000, a PS90, 2 ACRs, a pair of SCARs (one 16 and one 17) and the four Stags. Added to that, I have 2 POF 415 uppers, 2 DD M4 uppers, 2 Sig 516 uppers and a White Oak custom build. Nothing that causes me problems stays in the stable, and the Stags are sticking around.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear. Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have owned a couple of Stag rifles over the years and they are good rifles.  Both of mine ran fine and where accurate enough 2 moa or so.  One had close to 3k through it with ZERO problems.

STAG or rather their commercial side makes parts for many companies including some of the Tier 1 companies. Stag is GTG.  The Plus package is just added goodness for those that want it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Doubt that I really NEED the plus package but it makes me feel good. What kind of rounds are you firing?

I feed her nothing but garbage

I sighted it in with some nice brass, but have really only used this thing for killing cantaloupe in the woods, so it gets wolf / brown bear, or what ever my friends let me have
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't get worked up about some of the chatter - I personally think there's a lot of "my choice rocks and everything else is garbage" going on.

With M855, your Stag should be good to go, Plus Package or no. I have found the quality of my Stags to be excellent. I chose to go with Stag lowers for 8 of my non-Stag uppers, and have been very happy with them. The only non-Stag separate lower I have is a Spikes.

I have never had an issue with any of my Stags (4 of them, including both lefty and righty models). If trouble happened, I'd be perfectly happy to pick one of them up and trust my life to it.

For context, I have 5 Colts (3 LE6940s and 2 LT6720Rs), 2 LWRCs, 2 Noveskes, 2 LMT MRPs, a Bushmaster patrol carbine, a POF 415, a Sig 556, an FS2000, a PS90, 2 ACRs, a pair of SCARs (one 16 and one 17) and the four Stags. Added to that, I have 2 POF 415 uppers, 2 DD M4 uppers, 2 Sig 516 uppers and a White Oak custom build. Nothing that causes me problems stays in the stable, and the Stags are sticking around.

Is it possible that you've got an AR jones that you just can't satisfy?

Not that there's anything wrong with that... in fact I'm a bit jealous.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have good luck sneaking AR purchases past the wife... it's the new safe I need that's going to be the problem to smuggle in.

I'm also overcompensating for years and years living in Maryland, California and New York. This was my way of saying "welcome back to the United States of America, man"
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the "Plus Package"?

AL
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it possible that you've got an AR jones that you just can't satisfy?

Not that there's anything wrong with that... in fact I'm a bit jealous.

Joe

Truly a terrible problem to have. I would be glad to take some off your hands...........you know lighten the load a bit
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is the "Plus Package"?

AL

Stag Arms standard carbines (Model 1, 2, 2T, 3, 8 and their left-handed equivalents) feature:

- Carpenter 158 shot peened Bolt with black extractor spring
- Shrouded full circle AR15 bolt carrier with side staked carrier key
- 5.56 NATO chambered barrel with chrome lining, 1/9 twist, double lead lapped, and parkerized under the front sight base
- M4 feed ramps
- F marked front sight base with taper pins
- Double heatshield handguards
- Mil-Spec size 7000 series aluminum receiver extension with staked receiver nut (also known as castle nut)
- One 30rd USGI Magazine*

In addition to our standard features listed above the Plus Package includes:

- 4150 CMV barrel steel chrome lined
- 1/7 Twist rifling
- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
- M-16 Bolt Carrier
- Heavy (H) buffer assembly
- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

Cost:

Rifle: $100
Upper half: $75.00 (Does not include magazine or heavy buffer)

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=13
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top