Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2010 2:36:13 AM EDT
Hey guys, I runined my bolt carrier trying to install a new piston. I can't find a single bolt carrier for sale other than the $100 ones from K-Var.

Any info?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:44:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The only other place I can think of is the EE. Just keep an eye out, one will turn up eventually.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
i am going to be changing out my gas piston as well, got any advice so i dont ruin mine?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i am going to be changing out my gas piston as well, got any advice so i dont ruin mine?

Yeah bro. Make sure you drill out one side of the pin completely. Iguess I left some of the peened metal which required me to thwack the pin so hard I slightly bent the treaded end of the carrier. Sucks cause I got a good deal on a used AMD bolt whichi was switching out the piston to full size on. But that's life, live and learn. Ever since I did my first Saiga 12 conversion I've been jumping in on projects like this. Sometimes I get too excited and I don't pay attention. But at least ak stuff is relatively inexpensive, if you can find it.

Good luck with your piston!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I just sold two, guess you weren't checking the EE.

AA-OK

Polytechparts

Apex gun parts
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top