Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 10:52:10 AM EDT
I guess the AK manufactures were caught flat-footed by the expiration of the AWB.  Are any  dealers with web-sits getting non-ban configured rifles to market yet? I know there are a few, but  not nealy as many as I had expected.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Dealers and Builders with folders.
Arsenal, Inc
Vector
Ohio Rapid Fire
Atlantic Firearms
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
These guys have them also.

www.globaltrades.com/

They don't have the guns listed on their web sight, but they had a bunch AMD-63 underfolders at last weeks guns show.
They were built on new Arsenal USA receivers and were going for $570.00.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I was having an "inarticulate moment" al la John Kerry. I'm not looking for folding stocks; I'm bemoning the fact that no one seems to be selling complete rifles with bayonet lugs, threaded barrles, and folders yet.  The arsenal site proves my point. THe only rifles they offer have welded on compensators and no lugs.  I would hav thought they would be ready with new products. Who wants that stuff now, knowing you'll have to pay more to upgrade?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dealers and Builders with folders.
Arsenal, Inc
Vector
Ohio Rapid Fire
Atlantic Firearms

Yes, you are being inarticulate as we both gave you builders who have preban rifles being made and in stock, whether their site shows them or not.  We weren't talking about the stock only.  Did you check Vector's and Atlantic Firearm's?  They could not build them with the intention to sell prior to the ending of the ban as the ATF site even said that though the ban had ended, any firearm completed in that configuration prior to the ending of the ban could still be used in a prosecution for violating the ban.  Would have been hard to get a prosecution before a jury or maybe not if it was packed with Sarah Brady types.  Even though the ban has ended the importers still have to meeting the sporting purposes requirement and the 1989? import ban considerations.  So the rifles have to be US manufactured(i.e. parts requirements).  

A manufacturor would have been burned if they had geared up for a large production of "assault rifles" and then had Bush order an emergency Executive Order at the last minute extending the ban until Congress could be convened to pass a bill shortly after the ban expired.

Arsenal, Inc of NV can not import their guns in evil configuration because of current law and thus will be importing low-cap stamped rifles and milling the mag well out.  Even then they have stated the evil features won't be on the first guns they have for sale which will be going through Lew Horton at prices higher than they have stated they would sell for ($400.00 range).   I won't spend that much for a rifle without the evil features (threaded FSB, bayonet lug).
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top