User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2011 5:29:26 PM EDT
cuz i just stole one for $450+ tax
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
nice find. the guys that bought them a while back  for 250 or 300 will say ok deal. but those of us that paid 600 or 650 will say great find. congrats. now start looking for de-ban parts and get started on her.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal. A year or so ago I found one unfired with the orange wood & paid $440. Got the buttstock & pg from Ironwood & Z-Recto matched the finish perfectly. Recently found another, but this time I paid $550. This 2nd gun was lightly used, but had the dk brown wood, & spring loaded firing pin, just like the legend. I decided to leave it bone stock. Price wise you did well. Which color wood was yours, & what firing pin?  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I just paid 650.00 for one NIB still in the plastic, haven't gotten it yet but I'm planning on having it Turbo'ed back to double tang.  Pictures will follow I'm sure
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
yea mine has the dark brown wood, and sprin loaded firing pin, when you say double tang does that mean the chinese milled recvers are missing a lower tang found on other milled recivers?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure about all milled MAK90's but at least most are angle cut removing the lower tang.  Very similar to the angle cut stamped MAK's
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not sure about all milled MAK90's but at least most are angle cut removing the lower tang.  Very similar to the angle cut stamped MAK's

Yeah, all Milled MAK's are angle cut, but when you get the Ironwoods buttstock there is a metal device in it to hold it to the receiver real tight, so no lower tang is necessary. Go to their website & check out the wood for the milled MAK's. The brown wood, spring loaded firing pin Milled MAK's are the closest thing to a real Legend  you can get, for 1/3 the price. GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I would guess they are worth 700 or so based on gunbroker prices. Maybe a bit more.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would guess they are worth 700 or so based on gunbroker prices. Maybe a bit more.

That's actually a bit high, IMHO. A lot of people on Gunbroker think that because Poly Legends are going for thousands that their milled maks are about the same so they price them accordingly. But they're on AK boards for around $600 in amazing condition and also usually come with some accessories/mags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I paid $800 for one still in the plastic and original box back when Osama was elected.  A little steep, but I always wanted one and at that time it was either now or never
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top