Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 4:16:58 PM EDT
I think this part fell out of my cleaning kit that came with my pmkms, not sure what it is does anyone know?

circled in red

http://members.cox.net/outsiders/unknownpart.jpg
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, I've seen that part......
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wait, I've seen that part......

what is it what is it? *jumps up n down*
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a "slave pin", used for reassembling your disconnector (semi-auto sear), trigger, and hammer retarder into the receiver.

Use it as if it were a FCG pin outside the receiver, drop the assembly into the receiver, then push the trigger pin through, knocking the slave pin out the opposite side.

Very useful for fat-fingered people.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this like "Ask This Old House"????

Seriously, Don't remember that pin with my PMKMS.  I checked the extra parts I have left over but not there.  Also checked the parts breakdown I have of the PMKMS and don't see anything like it pictured.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#5]
You're lucky-
It doesn't come in every cleaning kit.  My PMKMS didn't have include one either.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows XP, my scanner doesn't work, but if anyone has a copy of "The Official Soviet AKM Manual", translated by Gebhardt, it's pictured and described on p. 31 as the "tapered pin."

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks Richard, I can rest easy now
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
That is exactly it.  I got one with my Red Star Arms FCG.  Nice thing to keep on hand!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Dammit-- now you guys made me have to go look--

--nope, didn't get one. Did get a very ratty-looking bore brush. But the kit is so close to perfect that I don't care. Oh well, there's another kit on the way, maybe it'll have one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Got one in one of my mine from AA.  Was wondering what it was.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Ratty looking bore brush in mine, but I did get the slave pin.  AA/Dan's kit.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top