Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:04:28 PM EDT
I am thinking about purchasing a VEPR K 7.62 x 39 and I really dont know anything about AK style weapons. is their a good website or somwhere on here to get good info on any AK's........... I searched but didnt find anything worth studying.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't ever really heard of the VEPR K model but I do own a VEPR-II Carbine in 7.62x39 and it's one of the best shooting AK type rifles I've ever owned.

Is this what you mean?

click thumb to enlarge
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I haven't ever really heard of the VEPR K model but I do own a VEPR-II Carbine in 7.62x39 and it's one of the best shooting AK type rifles I've ever owned.

Is this what you mean?

click thumb to enlarge
img346.imageshack.us/img346/3051/veprii4wi.th.jpg</a>

The carbine is called the Vepr K in a lot of places. They are great rifles. I have a .223 and I love it.

Edit: It is more like an RPK carbine instead of a AK carbine. It has the heavy duty reciever and barrel. The fit and finish are top notch and they come with a nice trigger. These things are built like tanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am thinking about purchasing a VEPR K 7.62 x 39 and I really dont know anything about AK style weapons. is their a good website or somwhere on here to get good info on any AK's........... I searched but didnt find anything worth studying.

www.robarm.com

I own a VEPR K 7.62x39 and it's one hell of a gun. Built like a brick shithouse.

edited because I forgot to hotlink it
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree. I have a Vepr K 7.62x39 and it fires any type of ammo I put in there. Never a single failure out of a thousand+ rounds fired. Accuracy is comparable to an AR-15 w/o match parts.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
check this out

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=73723
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I think it would make a Helluva RPK .....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, it is the best donor receiver you can get for an RPK build. Period.
-C
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my KTR-03 in .223!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The only difference between the VEPR and RPK is that the RPK has a longer barrel (23.5vs 20.5), no slant cut receiver, no weird stock (although it's nice), it's FA, and it also has the sight increments up to 1000m, the VEPRs only have them up to 300m. Weird russian Small arms rule.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 5.56mm Vepr K. Observations and opinions:

It is a very attractive and well-built rifle. It is HEAVY - it makes the milled receiver AKs look like pikers. The furniture is tough. Very low recoil on the 5.56mm, and very accurate. The muzzle brake seems redundant.

"They don't make 'em like this anymore" comes to mind. Heavy 1.5mm metal receiver, massive front trunnion, heavy bull barrel...

There have been reports of some guys running them in 3-gun matches, but they are better men than me. The rifle is a touch front-heavy and overall quite heavy. I imagine it would get tiring to carry it. I have heard tales about the front handguard impacting negatively on the barrel causing disruptions in the target patterns but I have not observed this.

For the range or the trunk this is a helluva piece of equipment.

Here's mine:

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish that the receiver rear wasnt cut at an angle.......otherwise it's an excellent rifle
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
My friend has one with a scope and he thinks it's the most accurate AK available.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Robinson really needs to get off their ass and put an affordable  folder on this baby, and a better-looking AK-74 style brake.   And be able to find them somewhere!!!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#15]
A little bird told me that ACE will be releasing a receiver block for the Vepr in '06.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#16]
thank you guys for this info and links I am ordering right now at my usual broker here in town for my internet businesses......... I am going to add the VEPR folder stock and also the same brake as the guy did in the earlier post....... or maybe the old comp.... who knows, so many choices.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a 5.56mm Vepr K. Observations and opinions:

It is a very attractive and well-built rifle. It is HEAVY - it makes the milled receiver AKs look like pikers. The furniture is tough. Very low recoil on the 5.56mm, and very accurate. The muzzle brake seems redundant.

"They don't make 'em like this anymore" comes to mind. Heavy 1.5mm metal receiver, massive front trunnion, heavy bull barrel...

There have been reports of some guys running them in 3-gun matches, but they are better men than me. The rifle is a touch front-heavy and overall quite heavy. I imagine it would get tiring to carry it. I have heard tales about the front handguard impacting negatively on the barrel causing disruptions in the target patterns but I have not observed this.

For the range or the trunk this is a helluva piece of equipment.

Here's mine:

img226.imageshack.us/img226/1647/veprpkas0061cn.jpg

The KATAR, it has a 1.6mm receiver not a 1.5 . Standard RPK receiver.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#18]
What's a tenth of a millimeter between friends?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Recipe "Helluva RPK fillet'"
--------------------------------------------------
1. Add one VEPR in 7.62 x 39mm flavor
2. Season with multiple chinese drums (a lot of 30 and/or 40 round mags are ok)
3 Last and one harris bipod for a hint of evilness
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Walla! One Helluva RPK ready to serve.

Drums and most of my mags are in the car right now Or I would post a pic of it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd buy a VEPR if it weren't for the fact that it's so nose heavy. I think fluting the barrel would lighten it up a bit, but I've never seen it on an AK.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'd buy a VEPR if it weren't for the fact that it's so nose heavy. I think fluting the barrel would lighten it up a bit, but I've never seen it on an AK.

Ben

It's designed to eat rounds.....lots and lots and lots and lots of rounds. The barrel is not that heavy IMO . The VEPR barrel seems to dissipate heat very well. I have always been surprised how fast it cools from a solid rapid fire with a drum in it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Is it possible to put a standard AK handguard on the vepr?

ben
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Krebs KTR-03 in .223

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That and the SAM7 seem to be the best 'off the rack' 47s out there. Ergonomics are great for me, but the angle cut at the back of the receiver is a real hurdle if you want to change the stock later (weld triangles to square the rec).

Oh I agree:

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top