Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2004 8:16:44 PM EST
Okay, I may take a beating here. I put a G2 trigger group in my SAR1. Great for about 350 rounds. Then the trigger pin walked out of the receiver. Has anyone had this happen besides me? I'm assuming I failed to get the shepards hook installed correctly. There was no play in the pin when I started, but clearly it rattled loose.

I have one of the retainer plates, but don't like it because it causes the pin to rotate when the trigger is pulled.

Any suggestions to avoid a repeat? Thanks. Don't flame me, this is the first mistake I've ever made.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:39:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By DeHamma:
Don't flame me, this is the first mistake I've ever made.

wow! I made several mistakes just today, I must learn your one mistake per lifetime technique!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:32:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:53:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 8:46:52 AM EST by RS39]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:09:18 AM EST
I had the same thing happen. The Sheppards Hook is a bitch, you can't tell definitely wether it's properly installed by a simple visual inspection. It may work well on an assembly line where a trained operator has a couple hundred repetitions to learn, but for an amateur gunsmith it sucks. I used the RSA plate on my SAR3. I used e-clips on my SA85M because I was too cheap to pay $10.00 S&H on a part that could be fit into a 1st Class envelope. The clips have had about 300 rounds through them and haven't drifted.

I could probably learn how to properly install the Sheppards Hook with some work, but there are other ways that are simpler and more certain.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:41:42 AM EST
Top Top