Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 9:16:44 PM EDT
Okay, I may take a beating here. I put a G2 trigger group in my SAR1. Great for about 350 rounds. Then the trigger pin walked out of the receiver. Has anyone had this happen besides me? I'm assuming I failed to get the shepards hook installed correctly. There was no play in the pin when I started, but clearly it rattled loose.

I have one of the retainer plates, but don't like it because it causes the pin to rotate when the trigger is pulled.

Any suggestions to avoid a repeat? Thanks. Don't flame me, this is the first mistake I've ever made.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Don't flame me, this is the first mistake I've ever made.

wow! I made several mistakes just today, I must learn your one mistake per lifetime technique!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:09:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same thing happen.  The Sheppards Hook is a bitch, you can't tell definitely wether it's properly installed by a simple visual inspection.  It may work well on an assembly line where a trained operator has a couple hundred repetitions to learn, but for an amateur gunsmith it sucks.  I used the RSA plate on my SAR3.  I used e-clips on my SA85M because I was too cheap to pay $10.00 S&H on a part that could be fit into a 1st Class envelope.  The clips have had about 300 rounds through them and haven't drifted.

I could probably learn how to properly install the Sheppards Hook with some work, but there are other ways that are simpler and more certain.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top