Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:54:56 PM EDT
is it possible to convert an ak47 to 74 by installing a 74 barrel in place of 47 barrel and makeing ejector longer? are the bolt faces different, if so can one be replaced with another? will a 74 mag lock in a 47 receiver? i'll probally just build a 74 kit if i want one that bad, just kicking around ideas. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the barrel diameters are different where they press into the trunnion, and I don't know how you'd make the ejector longer, it's just a peice of sheet metal and it takes a lot of abuse, so however you do it, it would have to be strong and hard. The bolt faces are different and a '74 bolt will not fit in a '47 carrier. A '74 mag will also not fit in a '47 magwell. So overall, no, I don't think it would work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
probally not possible, as the mag well would have to be made smaller, along with the other mods mentioned....its not worth it even if it was possible
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
i see, the barrel dia. and bolt issues are the deal breakers, i would have extended the ejector with weld and ground to size, that should have lasted? and tightening the magwell would be pretty simple. thanks for the info guys.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top