Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 11:21:25 AM EDT
Is there any way to legally build these up, I couldnt resist being only 19.95, but I have no idea what I am going to do with it??
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Well you can't nad canyou can buy the receivers 80 % done  but still have to look for the semi-auto parts..   I was wandering do the sks trigger assembly will work on this guns?this is something that might interest you  http://www.prexis.com/sten/beretta-semi-design-concept.htm
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Found this in another site

"To build a "legal" semi-only version, the receiver must not be able to accept an original F/A bolt...

There are (2) ways to accomplish this. One, you can use an original ID receiver and then install a blocking rail or two, use a reduced ID receiver.

Extreme caution must be used however if you plan to build from an original ID receiver to avoid possibly finding yourself in violation of the law.
1.  Do not have a "parts kit" and the 80% receiver at the same location until AFTER the receiver has been modified with a blocking rail.
2.  Do not cut ANY openings on the receiver until after you have installed the blocking rail. (keep in mind that the "receiver" is considered the actual firearm, it you complete the cutouts prior to installing the rail, you WILL be in possession of a MG...)

Below are some "basic" rules that will apply to any semi-conversion of a MG or SMG.

If you are not licensed to build "post dealer samples" and are considering purchasing an original ID receiver for a "semi-only" build, there are many things you will need to take into consideration.

**Note: If building from a "reduced ID" receiver, items #1, #2, & #3 will not be required as the reduced ID accomplishes the same thing.**

1. You can not have this receiver (even in it's 80% state) and a parts kit in your possession at the same time. To do this could be considered "constructive intent".
2. Use of this receiver to build a "semi-only" will require that the receiver have a "blocking rail" installed to prevent the installation and function of a "Full Auto" bolt.
3. You will need to install the blocking rail "before" you make any of the other cuts. Failure to do this could put you into possession of a NFA regulated F/A firearm. (the receiver is considered the firearm).
4. Once the blocking rail is installed into the receiver, you will need to make the following modifications to your original bolt. You must do these items in this order...
   A.  Grind off the "fixed" firing pin.
   B.  Grind off the "lower" feed lips from the face of the bolt.
   C.  Drill the bolt to accept a "floating" firing pin.
   D.  Grind or Mill the bolt for use with a conventional hammer/disconnector assembly.
5. You can now complete the cuts on the receiver. You will need to determine exactly how you will want to install your FCG (fire control group) and what US made parts to use to count as compliance parts.
6. You will also need to "permanently" extend the length of the barrel to a min. of 16" with either a welded extension or a 16" replacement barrel.

This information is offered solely as a guideline to help you comply with BATF regulations, as I understand them. Any building of a firearm must meet all NFA/BATF regulations and it is the responsibility of the builder to insure that they are followed".

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=522&PN=1&TPN=4
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one from centerfire today, at $19.99 I couldn't resist either. Looks like the barrel is brand new, the wood stock, and all the other parts are in like new or slightly used condition , (95% blueing) overall it's a very nice kit.

I was looking at the 80% receivers, and at $140 it might be a while. But, it's a nice kit, and a nice gun.

The cocking handle was left inthe receiver during torch cutting   so it's toast.

but that's not a big deal, considering how much other work needs to go into it to get er dun.

jump on these while you can. heck, the 9mm barrel alone is worth the $20

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait for the '86 MG ban to get overturned! That's what I'm wait'n for. When that happens a 18" piece of 1 1/2" tail pipe tubeing and a dremmal will build a sten mk3.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wait for the '86 MG ban to get overturned! That's what I'm wait'n for. When that happens a 18" piece of 1 1/2" tail pipe tubeing and a dremmal will build a sten mk3.

R_E_S,  I work in the header business. Who ever told you it was OK to use regular tubing was WRONG. Use DOM,Drawn Over Mandrel(seamless) tubing only.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]

+1 BulletBait
You are exactly right.
Tail Pipe tubeing is a bad idea
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Great post juanjorx7,

The one thing not mentioned is that you can buy the parts kit first.

If you do, you must:

1: Modify bolt 100% to SEMI as outlined above.

2: Throw out or modify 100% to SA all FA FCG parts.

You are now, according to the ATF, no longer in possesion of MG parts.

You may now pass GO and collect your 80% receiver.

But as all ways, if you buy a full ID receiver, the first thing you must do is weld in the blocking bar before doing the other cuts.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is there any way to legally build these up, I couldnt resist being only 19.95, but I have no idea what I am going to do with it??

I found the link .

ceterfire systems

this sux though. I don't need another parts kit .

PAY ONLY $19.97 PER SUOMI KIT FOR EVERY
OTHER FULL PRICE KIT YOU BUY!
For every regular priced parts kit purchased, the same number of Suomi kits may be purchased for $19.97 each. A regular priced kit MUST be purchased for each special Suomi Kit ordered. The Suomi Kit for $19.97 cannot be purchased individually. The regular price for the Suomi Kit is $59.97.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Found a New place for the receivers http://www.southern.trading.freehomepage.com/custom4.html this place is cheaper but you will have to read a lot for the cheap receiver is about 70 - 80 dollars I think I will buy this one and just hang it in my wall for know until semi-parts are available because this receivers may get expensive
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top