Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:13:14 AM EDT
I am building a romy "g" kit  on a eubanks gen 2 reciever and have riveted in the
trigger guard.there 2 problems i can see so far,when i insert the mag it bottoms out on the
lower rai l in the reciever but the catch will not snap on to the lug on the mag.
also with the mag inserted and the front trunion pushed in all the way against the mag,
there is 1/4 inch of trunion sticking out past the end of the reciver. I think I have
the wrong magazine,any ideas ?  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Two things. Did you file down the rail pictured? Its designed for the 74, so it has to be shortened. Also, is the selector stop install between the receiver and trigger guard? A picture of the trunion mag problem would be good. I pushed mine a 1/4 out and the mag won't even catch on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Good point about the lower rail!  I dremeled mine down but not completely.  Just enough for the mag to insert fully with enough left to add some stabilty to the side of the mag lip.  Drove me nuts until I realized it wasn't needed on the 7.62 version.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure the mag latch is not pushing the mag forward. The rear of the mag should be against the rear of the mag well. You might need to trim the rear of the mag well to match the stop/trigger guard.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I also am finishing up a Rommie Kit on Ewbanks reciver,    The front mag catch/ trunion stick out about 3/16" from reciver & i had to trim approx 1/32 from the mag catch assembly on triger guard,   works really smooth now with all my mags.   the fron trunion sticks out past the reciver to ease in inserting mags,  it's part of the original design.  hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I had to do the same thing on mine.

I had to file the mag opening a bit also, but she's good now.

FREE

Quoted:
Two things. Did you file down the rail pictured? Its designed for the 74, so it has to be shortened. Also, is the selector stop install between the receiver and trigger guard? A picture of the trunion mag problem would be good. I pushed mine a 1/4 out and the mag won't even catch on it.
home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/buildH.jpg

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
hello all thanks for the input . I filed the lower rail and all is well
every thing lines up and laches in nicely.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top