Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 12:17:51 PM EDT
i posted a few days ago about a romak 2 i was going to buy, and then in came 2 new polish tantals to the store i work at. so my question is simply; romak or tantal?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Romak imo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Romak imo.

+1
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both.  

My ROMAK-2 is the most accurate AK I have shot.  Could be just a lucky good one though.

Even if you do the FCG and furniture swap, at it's heart the ROMAK is a real factory AK made at a government arsenal.  The Tantal is a parts gun.

If you like to add lots of accessories you will prefer the ROMAK.  The Tantal has a nonstandard front end and no side rail.

The Tantal is pretty cool though.  If it is an Interarms gun with a Polish barrel than you might want to get it.  If it has a non-chrome US barrel I would pass for sure.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#4]
i agree with FightingHellFish 100%.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Romak all the way, best ak I have shot.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]
the romanian should be $200 dollars less than the tantals, plus it has a side rail and factory romanian receiver. Only downside is, it may not have a muzzle device and unless it has been changed out, will have one of the worst triggers of any AK in it. First issue may take some work to adress, second one will take $35 and 10 minutes.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top