Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:11:51 AM EDT
whats the best types 2 use for a fixedstock yugo build?where can i find one?  thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
in America we try and actually spell out words instead of resorting to numbers.

I use tapco flats bent in a DPH jig, they work great.  the OOW ones work but have some issues such as being too long(does let you trim to the pefect length though) and the selector hole is too low, causing your rifle to have a gap between the top cover and the selector when it is on safe.  it doesnt cause any issues for function, but it doesnt look right.  

some people like the ewbank receiver, I've looked over a few and their quality control just sucks, they have holes on the bottom of the receiver just like tapco flats, and even have problems with trigger pin holes being flared outward from being improperly punched.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
how about the ones from global trades?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
those ones look very nice

here's a thread comparing a global to a joeken/ewbanks linky  you need a gunco.net account to see it

aaah crap I just re read and you're building a yugo.  that's going to be a tough one as it most likely has a bulged trunnion.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
If the trunnion has the bulges, I've heard only good things about NODAKSPUD.  www.nodakspud.com
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
originally i was gonna do a yugo,since i have gone way of a new romanian kit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
If you do the yugo, get the DCI (nodakspud.com) receiver.  It is very well built.  

If you go with the Romy, I've only used Global trades, but was very happy with their product.  I have 4 of them and will be getting more.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top