BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2002 6:25:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Campy, I appreciate the welcome and the chance to help the board out in any way that I can.

I think we're actually entering into a "golden age" of AK's now.  New domestic models are being introduced which honestly tread hard on the heels of the best of the imported pre-bans, if not surpassing them.

The Robinson Arms VEPR and the Arsenal Inc. from K-Var leap to mind as two of the best of the current AK choices.

I've been on the retail side of the gun counter for the past 15 years, with a specializiation in military and military style firearms, and I've bought, sold, and shot more AK's than I can count, and I hope some of that experience will be of use to the members of the board.

Thanks again Campy, I think this site is headed for big things.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome.

I've learned alot on these boards but have much yet to learn.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Templar is here!  

And there was much rejoicing, yeah!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Templar,
Welcome dude. Just one thing I have to offer. There are a few guys you need to stay away from on this board and it looks like most of them have already replied to this thread.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Howdy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to see you here, now maybe I can stop driving Campy crazy asking so many questions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome

You've already helped me with that list of pre-ban variants and what to stay away from. It was quite a lengthy list and I know it took awhile to type, thanks.

Reading what you, CampyBob, & others have said over the last month has renewed my interest in AK-styles. I bought a couple in '93-94, but never fired them. I just picked up an Arsenal SA-M7s. I can't wait to take them out, thanks for getting me back on track.

Why is it called the "darkside"?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

.........because there are some very questionable folks lurking around here . I won't list any (Rot, Doc, Campy, Ugh, ilikelegs, QCMGR, archers, Tracker, Ben, thermo)names for fear of repercussions. There is also 1 or 2 that seem to have lost there mind but I can't remember their names right now!

Mark
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just one thing I have to offer. There are a few guys you need to stay away from on this board

I thought it anyone from Ohio????

( wait that's me too.... )
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Templar,  Welcome aboard!  It is always good to have another knowlegable person on the boards to help guide those who seek "information".  That would be me!

Towman,  The only one's questionable on the "Darkside" are the one's on the outside looking in!!  Are you ready to take that leap of faith?????

"JOIN THE DARKSIDE LUKE" !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome!!  Welcome!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
welcome templar to the friendliest board on the net. to talk about the best anti-assault rifle made.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.........because there are some very questionable folks lurking around here . I won't list any (Rot, Doc, Campy, Ugh, ilikelegs, QCMGR, archers, Tracker, Ben, thermo)names for fear of repercussions. There is also 1 or 2 that seem to have lost there mind but I can't remember their names right now!

Mark

Why are we considered questionable folks Toadman?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome....That username sounds pretty familiar...
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Good to see you over here 1 Patriot.  I think this board has a lot of potential, a lot of very knowledgeable people and guys from the "old guard".
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Toadman?

Me thinks you misspelled my name..............it really isn't all that difficult to spell but if you need some help with it just let me know.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

I think Mark was just being a little facetious. I thought it was pretty funny.

Mark,
Damn man, you sure have been sullen lately. What gives? Somebody poke your girlfriend with a needle???Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Snap out of it though. I don't have the time to drive all the way to Ohio to straighten your ass out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark

I think Mark was just being a little facetious. I thought it was pretty funny.

Mark,
Damn man, you sure have been sullen lately. What gives? Somebody poke your girlfriend with a needle???Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Snap out of it though. I don't have the time to drive all the way to Ohio to straighten your ass out.

I know, I just couldn't pass up a chance to be the same. Toadman sounded so good
at the time. I'm sure Towman knows by now I'm a cut up !!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Now that I think about it he was searching for a new name
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Mark,

Hey Doc,
Sorry about coming accross a little harsh lately. I keep forgettin those damn little smilies when I'm joking around. The girlfriend thing is going well (almost too well) and that in itself is a little scary. The needles are all tucked away and nobody else is poking her (smilie inserted here)

ilikelegs is kool. His dry sence of humor almost matches my dimwitted sence of humor (another smilie here) Toadman really isn't in the runnin for a new name . I think Camp's "ohio plains drifter" is leading the way. If someone would just splain how to spells it!

Rot is the one that scares me though. He always seems to know when I'm joking!

When I'm crackin on everyone is a sign of being in a good mood. Start worring about me when I become nice (sure sign of problems)

Mark
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Hi,why do you call your self "templar"?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't let the guys piss you off. I almost left in disgust quite a few times.

ding ding, ding ding
"TEMPLATE ARRIVING"
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Don't let the guys piss you off. I almost left in disgust quite a few times.

No doubt. No shortage of personality disorders on the internet. Even less in the way of consequences. People here are pretty cool though. Gunsnet.net is another story. Some of the regulars need professional help. Left there and never looked back. I think Templar will like it here. We need more bodies though, but that is improving.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]
At least the admins here aren't full of shit know-it-alls.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Jet,
I like your tag line. It is really interesting how these threads seem to get off topic. (I will take no personal blame for this)

Mark
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top