Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:22:59 PM EDT
recently pruchased this one piece hg/grip, anybody know the origins of this? kinda thinkin might be made for commercial sales not sure though. made of polymer/plastic and color is redish/brown. looks kinda weird but when handling the rifle with the grip it feels very secure and has a solid feel, its kinda growin on me. anhybody else have one? might think about painting it black, watcha think?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:36:04 PM EDT
I have never seen that particular one before. The other ones like this, like the bakelite one with he grip thats the same as a regular PG, goes for quite alot of money. I think its romanian not sure, but this one no clue. Are there any markings on it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:12:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:
I have never seen that particular one before. The other ones like this, like the bakelite one with he grip thats the same as a regular PG, goes for quite alot of money. I think its romanian not sure, but this one no clue. Are there any markings on it?

Yeah, those ones are Romanian and go for like $300 if they have the upper handguard with it.

Never seen this one before. Looks pretty cool. Wouldn't mind having one. I wouldn't paint it.. you can dye polymer pretty easily.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:37:01 PM EDT
no markings at all, and seems very well built as the inside is nice even and smooth, also has the hole for the cleaning rod. yeah dont think i will be painting it, thanks. man oh man if they make these in bakelite
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:41:17 AM EDT
Brownells used to carry them in that color and black.

Was gonna order one about a month ago and apparently they're OOS/not even on their website.

Wish I knew who made it so I could search online/look to buy privately.

Secondly: I knew those M10's could be beautiful once the tacticool stuff was taken off
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:48:46 AM EDT
Here is a source for them I found in a thread GrantS made on The AK Forum.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=808660&filter=ak+47+hand+guard&catid=0

Just thought I'd share it here. Might have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:52:09 AM EDT
I had one just like that back in the mid 90s. it works with the underfolder style too. IIRC I got it from cobray.

blast from the past

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:27:10 AM EDT
dskeet thanks for posting, how rude of me forgot to post where i got it from, as for the tactical look....thats not tactical this is.....

just decided to slap on some parts i had lying around, till i can decide on a tradtional romy look, or some bakelite from bulgaria etc... un decided, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:57:58 PM EDT
I like the top picture (With that PG handguard).

I won't diss people who use them, but I am NOT a rail fan.

Top Top