Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 9:22:59 PM EDT
recently pruchased this one piece hg/grip, anybody know the origins of this?  kinda thinkin might be made for commercial sales not sure though.  made of polymer/plastic and color is redish/brown.  looks kinda weird but when handling the rifle with the grip it feels very secure and has a solid feel, its kinda growin on me.  anhybody else have one?  might think about painting it black, watcha think?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen that particular one before. The other ones like this, like the bakelite one with he grip thats the same as a regular PG, goes for quite alot of money. I think its romanian not sure, but this one no clue. Are there any markings on it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have never seen that particular one before. The other ones like this, like the bakelite one with he grip thats the same as a regular PG, goes for quite alot of money. I think its romanian not sure, but this one no clue. Are there any markings on it?

Yeah, those ones are Romanian and go for like $300 if they have the upper handguard with it.

Never seen this one before.  Looks pretty cool.  Wouldn't mind having one.  I wouldn't paint it.. you can dye polymer pretty easily.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
no markings at all, and seems very well built as the inside is nice even and smooth, also has the hole for the cleaning rod.  yeah dont think i will be painting it, thanks.   man oh man if they make these in bakelite
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Brownells used to carry them in that color and black.

Was gonna order one about a month ago and apparently they're OOS/not even on their website.

Wish I knew who made it so I could search online/look to buy privately.

Secondly:  I knew those M10's could be beautiful once the tacticool stuff was taken off
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is a source for them I found in a thread GrantS made on The AK Forum.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=808660&filter=ak+47+hand+guard&catid=0

Just thought I'd share it here.  Might have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I had one just like that back in the mid 90s.  it works with the underfolder style too.   IIRC I got it from cobray.

blast from the past

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
dskeet thanks for posting, how rude of me forgot to post where i got it from, as for the tactical look....thats not tactical this is.....

just decided to slap on some parts i had lying around, till i can decide on a tradtional romy look, or some bakelite from bulgaria etc... un decided, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the top picture (With that PG handguard).

I won't diss people who use them, but I am NOT a rail fan.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top