Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 1:53:52 PM EDT
hey if you have already bought a rifle from ORF, and had it shipped to the FFL, and then buy a new rifle from ORF do they still have to ship it to the FFL?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You ALWAYS have to have a rifle shipped to an FFL. I believe there may be certain exceptions for person to person in the same state but if you are buying from a company or shop they need to perform the background check by sending it to an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
yes they do you have to get another background check.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The good news is you don't have to send them another copy of your dealer"s ffl, ORF will allready have it on file..
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's one thing that sucks for you but good for me. I am only an 1 1/2 hrs away. Maybe I will take a trip out there sometime next week to get my no-ban style Ak clone
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hey if you have already bought a rifle from ORF, and had it shipped to the FFL, and then buy a new rifle from ORF do they still have to ship it to the FFL?

Yep.  But if you send your current rifle to them for repairs, they can simply send it back to you since the rifle is already registered under your name.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  But if you send your current rifle to them for repairs, they can simply send it back to you since the rifle is already registered under your name.  

There is no gun registration in the United States on Title 1 firearms.  The gun is transfered to you from an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Boy, with all these folks saying "I'm gonna make the drive to ORF one day soon," we ought to organize a shoot at Troy Fish & Game (membership req'd, though--not sure how that would work).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top