Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:22:10 AM EDT
I know some of us have bought some of the cheap romy kits where the serial numbers aren't matching.

I also noticed that Quarterbore started a thread to match bayonets to their proper weapons.

Would it be worth trying to start a thread to match parts to the correct guns? Is it worth matching the serial numbers on these?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought the thread for the missing bayonets was for the Polish kits. Maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
it was.
It just got me thinking about the romy kits, and whether it would be worth trying to match up the parts for the Romanian kits.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a group buy for Romanian kits from Aim surplus going on in the Ohio hometown forum. These are excellent kits with matching numbers for $82.50. Anyone can get in on it. I received a kit yesterday that looks like it has never been issued.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There's a group buy for Romanian kits from Aim surplus going on in the Ohio hometown forum. These are excellent kits with matching numbers for $82.50. Anyone can get in on it. I received a kit yesterday that looks like it has never been issued.

I just oredered 3 of them on the group buy. Hope they are in the same condition.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's cool, but I'm referring to the other kits that people have already bought that were not matching numbers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cool, but I'm referring to the other kits that people have already bought that were not matching numbers.

Yeah, I figured that, I just thought I'd give a heads up to guys looking for matching kits. Trying to match parts after the fact will be a real challenge since many buyers probably don't frequent the boards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know, if that bayonet trade off works well, maybe it would work.

But then again, I think the shipping charges of moving the parts around would be a PITA, when you can just spend $100 or less and get an all matching kit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I got three kits from CFS and all the parts were matching.  My guess is that they had never been issued or fired.  The quality on the military Romy kits is several steps above the SAR's.  Perhaps not quite as good a the new Bulgarian AK74 kits were but almost.  Get one of the $82 kits from AIM, you will be really happy.
Good Shooting,
Sparky1
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top