Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:51:22 AM EDT
i have a mag body and would like to know what country it is from. there is no markings on the mag body. it looks similar to many other standard ak mag bodies except for the spot welding. on the part that catches the trunion it is spot welded 2 times on each side and 1 time in the front. these spot welds look nice and round. all the way down the front of the mag body there are spot welds that are not circular in shape but almost like a D. on the rear part of the mag that seats on the mag catch there are 3 spot welds on each side that are oval shaped. the mag body is finished in a black paint and looks to be in like new condition.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
got any pics?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It's Chinese.

I have a Chinese mag with the same oval and D-shaped spot welds as yours, although it is not painted. The Chinese did use a thick black paint finish on some rifles and mags though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry no pics.
i have a few chinese mags that don't have the rib but this mag body has a the rib on the back. i believe the mag was sealed in a thick plastic bag and in some grease or cosmoline that had dried.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top