Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/12/2003 8:19:46 PM EST
can anyone advise me. i'm wanting to convert a maadi i bought in 1997 from the thumbhole to pistol grip version. does tapco offer a decent trigger group or should i go with rsa, and where can i find a good pistol grip stock kit. the trigger group, butt stock and grip are all i need, right? what cost am i looking at. thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:32:38 PM EST
Teh best stocks can be had at www.k-varcorp.com
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:14:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 12:15:13 AM EST by WildWes]
K-var does have the best assortment of synthetic pistol grip stock sets. (provided you prefer plum or OD green to black)

Global Trades has some really nice wood sets! (as well as black polymer)

The general opinion on fcg's is that RSA is the best out there. Options include the Gordon Tech and FSE, as well as Century take-offs from SAR series AK's. If you look into those you'll see variations in prices, pick which you think will be best for your long term needs.

If you are looking to find a short-cut on the fcg mods, an Ironwood Designs stock set in conjunction with US mag followers and floorplates is an option, as well as using a US gas piston depending on your stock set/ pistol grip.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:11:13 AM EST
Top Top