Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:09:30 PM EDT
I have all the tools to build ak's as I have built several for my own use. Can I build guns for other people using my kits and their receivers ?   I am not a gunsmith officially and dont have my FFL as I havent filed my paperwork yet.  I know how to build them but wanted to know the legallities of doing it for other people. thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
that's a sticky situation........it might be considered  as manufaturing, wheather you get paid or not.  personally I wouldn't do it. now you can always help someone out to build one if he is there with you......but I just wouldn't take the chance of doing it all myself and then hand him the finish product.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#2]
mobius is right. I would assist people, but I wouldn't build a rifle for somone. I wouldn't want to take a chance.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top