Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:12:00 AM EDT
I have an Interordance gun built on a hesse reciver, not the most steller exsample of craftmanship.

Well the pin holes have all worn, so they are now about an 1/8th" to large in diameter also other parts of the reciver have exsesive wear, i think the reciever was not anealed(sp?) corectly and is way too soft.

any way: I would like to replace the reciever, so who make the best stamped reciver for a standard ak47 , what are some thing to look for , should i up grade it to a double hook style (not sure exsactly what that is, i know it has to to with how the triger looks up), and who is THE AK gun smith who would do a reciver swap for me?

Thank
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't mind the large dimples the Global Trades receiver is nice, not too expensive and completely heat treated.  If you have a dremel or grinder you can cut the rivets off the old receiver to get the parts set for shipping purposes.

HarlanNDS has an economy receiver heat treated, smaller dimples but Some of the features it DOES NOT HAVE are:

top rail step-down
laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole
lower left rail mag guide

OOW receiver is not heat treated except at the pin holes.

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=71039

AK-USA
AZ Expert Arms
Piece of History Firearms
Red Stick Firearms
Coyote Gulch Armory
The Firing Line
Global Military Gunsmithing
Sledgehammer Arms
Investment Grade Firearms
Krebs Custom
Marshall Arms
mcarms.com
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
sell the rifle to someone who wants a wallhanger
and start with a new kit
i think you will be money ahaid in the long run
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
sell the rifle to someone who wants a wallhanger
and start with a new kit
i think you will be money ahaid in the long run

starting to think the same thing
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top