Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 11:02:26 PM EDT
I want a galil rifle and need some help. I've read a few advertisements that sell the galil parts less reciever and also have a US made reciever for sale seperately. My question is what else will I need to assemble the complete rifle? I am assuming that the galil parts package will have all of the trigger parts and springs, barrel, etc. I also assume that if I purchase the reciever and parts set, that in theory I can assemble a complete working rifle without anything else, right? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you will need 5 U.S. made parts if you don't plan on using a muzzle break, 6 if you do.

Those are typically:

U.S. receiver
Fire control group (3 parts)
Pistol grip
U.S. made muzzle break (if wanted)

Links to find the listed U.S. parts are found in the tacked thread at the top of the forum, as well as a few other useful ones.

The muzzle break can be purchased from KKF, which has a forum in the Industry section.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't want to step on any toe's but I think since its milled you only need five parts including a brake.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't want to step on any toe's but I think since its milled you only need five parts including a brake.

DOH!!

Yup, my mistake. Been dealing with stamped rifles for too long.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top