Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 11:14:17 AM EDT
just wondering, never heard of it or seen it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I never expect to see any Russian 7N6 surplus.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I never expect to see any Russian 7N6 surplus.

what about other countries that use the AK74?  Like Poland, Bulgaria, China, and so forth.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
China has a import ban against them. So that counts them out.

Poland, I read they use their 5.45mm AK's for training purposes. So the chance might be silm.

Bulgaria, I don't know. They are slowly becoming a NATO member so their need for 5.56mm will increase and what becomes of their military 5.45mm, I don't know.

Plus the high costs of air freight and high fuel costs. Then importation clearances and approval on all of it. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost to an importer to try because of Russia selling
Wolf and Barnual 5.45mm at their current prices.

I think there would be alot of ppl interested but the money side of things might disinterest an importer to try.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
China has a import ban against them. So that counts them out.

Poland, I read they use their 5.45mm AK's for training purposes. So the chance might be silm.

Bulgaria, I don't know. They are slowly becoming a NATO member so their need for 5.56mm will increase and what becomes of their military 5.45mm, I don't know.

Plus the high costs of air freight and high fuel costs. Then importation clearances and approval on all of it. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost to an importer to try because of Russia selling
Wolf and Barnual 5.45mm at their current prices.

I think there would be alot of ppl interested but the money side of things might disinterest an importer to try.

thanks for the feedback.  I guess it's not that common of a round world-wide anyway, for there to ever be a push to import more of it here.  

lol, went to my local range today which is huge, and a lot of guns for sale and most, if not all calibers, even odd-ball calibers like Japanese 6.5 and 7.7, but I showed them my box of wolf 5.45x39 and he said he's never heard of that caliber!

-mark
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think we'll ever see any surplus 5.45.has
MBR
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't think we'll ever see any surplus 5.45. AFAIK, all of it has the mild steel core which our infinitely wise government has deemed "armor piercing".

MBR

sheesh, my 7.5 swiss FMJ is armor piercing, along with my 8mm FMJ mauser ammo as well.  Shot some half inch steel plates at a local shoot, they went through that bitch like butter.  wtf are these clowns thinking?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Surplus 5.45 does exist and it is availible, though quite rare. I have almost two thousand rounds of genuine 7N7 surplus ammo that I aquired from a gun store in the region. They just happend to have it sitting next to some UMC 45 ACP FMJ and Armscor .380. It was a lucky find,  have yet to see any since. You can also get "surplus" from Bulgaria which is a "milspec" round but is a 70 grn FMJ. Typically, "surplus" or mil spec 5.45 rounds are very difficult to find, but occasionally you can find them at gun shows and the like. Keep your eyes open and you may get lucky.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top