User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:25:49 PM EDT
delete
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
stainless steel wire wheel on your grinder or dremel before you refinish it, don't bare down on the wheel by any means
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
stainless steel wire wheel on your grinder or dremel before you refinish it, don't bare down on the wheel by any means

so a wire wheel would make the nicks un noticable once i get the barrel assembly refinished?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so a wire wheel would make the nicks un noticable once i get the barrel assembly refinished?

Depends on how pronounced the nicks are or how particular you are.

Stainless wheel, good for burnishing removing small burrs, but it's no lathe.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
the machining marks in the barrel are dented in, thats the marks i am seeing. nothing deep, just aggrevating and cosmetic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#6]
It's just got ca rector now...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
It isn't an AR you know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It isn't an AR you know.

I know, but it just pisses me off that i did that, i want this gun to look good, and since im a perfectionist, i cant help it
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#9]
It it's like my AKs there will be plenty of dents/dings/scratches in it within a couple of months anyway.  Hell, I don't even fuss over my ARs.  But I can understand the perfectionist attitude.  I have it too, but my perfectionism is directed toward function, not aesthetics.  Rock on man.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Machine marks?  Dremmel with SANDPAPER - put the grinding stones away...

I need to post my Rom kit pics... Roms are the KING of machine marks :)  Got 'em all out with a Dremmel course - fine - poly polishing pad combo.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top