Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:13:13 AM EDT
Guys,

like I posted in my last post I cut the spot weld on the muzzle nut/fsb hoping and praying that it was threaded and it was.
    So I pushed the pin in and turned the nut, it twisted right off I nearly cried it was threaded and I yelled YES!! then my grandpa gave me a weird look.
    But to the questions now...

after I screwed the nut off I fortunately had access to a digital caliper I set it to metric and it read something like 13.9875 or something like that but it was very close to 14mm

Does this mean it is a 14mm x Lh?

Now after I install the slant break (or) 74 style break and when I lock the pin in do I have to weld it or seal it?

I need a lot of help with this guys, never did it before
thanks,
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
no, you dont need to weld it. the only reason you need to weld a muzzle break on there is if the barrel is under a certain length making it a short barrelled rifle(SBR). an example of this is the AMD-65. the other reason would be state laws that prohibit/require you to do so- i dont know crap about which states though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
If you had to turn the muzzle nut the opposite way that you would normally turn a nut to remove it then it is probably 14mm x Lh thread. The Lh stands for left hand thread. If I were you I would make sure to get a US made brake that way you won’t get in trouble with the parts count “Bull Shit” anyway when you replace the brake you do not need to permanently attach it. It was welded on to comply with the now dead so called “Assault Weapons Ban”  you should also go here and read everything about your new rifle www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/cant.htm it a great site with a lot of good information and fixes of Romanian Ak’s. Good luck and welcome to the would on Ak’s…

Sign_Wolfman
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top