AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:31:05 PM EDT
Handguard in question is a Yugo u/f build ---
not mine but  i couldnt figure it out
so I came to the experts
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to rotate it.  Get an adjustable wrench.  Put it on the flats of the rear of the gas tube.  Hold the wood with the other hand and rotate it.....it will come off.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
A vise can help to hold the square end, press the tube against your chest with rag in between and then using equal pressure at both ends of the handguard, rotate it to the opening and then it just pulls off.  Clean the metal inside the ends good before reassembly.  Reverse to install.  The equal pressure at both ends helps prevent it from cracking as it is thin wood.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My upper handguard/gas tube came off together.  There is a little lever on the barrel block, if you move that up (its hard, i use a little block to tap it up) it will release the handguard and gas tube together.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Go slow it's very easy to break the wood in half.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top