Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2002 2:01:26 PM EDT

I was reading all the bad posts about Hesse rifles, but just a little too late, since I already bought an AK.

My AK says Saiga 7.62, and it was made in Russia by Izhmash.  But on the other side, engraved into the rifle is Hesse, St.Paul, MN.

So is this rifle a lemon, I haven't shot it yet, but I wanted to know from experienced people.  Its all black with a little AK brake at the front and a little scope mount on the side.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You got one of their Saiga conversions...an AK-103 clone to be exact, except that it's not quite an AK-103 clone. How much did you pay? Regardless, it'll probably work fine, but for the money there's probably better quality work to be found, like AK-USA's AK-103 Saiga conversion.

www.ak-103.com

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Mine looks exactly like the AK-103 except for that stick looking thing under the barrel and I have a metal instead of polymer mag.

Mine was about $400. My main concern is that it function fine. As soon as I have some time, I'll test it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My HeXXe nightmare....

www.angelfire.com/ak5/rpkman/

Hope yours works okay.

Krinkfreak
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Got one of these babies early this year.  Runs 110% ! !  (Hey, it's and AK ! ! )  Posted a long post on AssaultWeb.com about it a few months ago.  Look under "Well, I bought the Hesse ...."  Took it to BulletFest for my 12 year old son to use.  Like I said "110%"  Think I paid about $350.     Go ahead and have some fun -----shoot it  ! !
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The Hesse AK103, though not very authentic, is quite nice.  I'm not a fan of the furniture or brake they use, but I wouldn't mind owning the one I saw (Recon's).  If you don't want to spend more, it's a good choice.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a non-converted Saiga and love the hell out of it.  Paid less than $200.  Enjoy man.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top