Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 7:25:06 PM EDT
After I saw the underfolder the columbians are  carrying I been thinking of a milled .223.
Never seem to see any for sale,are they available new or used?Did they ever make a US underfolder?Any info or leads will be great
Thank You
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Arsenal has discontinued the milled SA-M5 rifles, at least for this year.  They are planning to introduce a stamped receiver model in 5.56mm.

I will say that the milled 5.56mm SA-M5 is probably the sweetest shooting AK I've ever shot, not including the Valmet and Galils, but comparable.

If you gotta have a milled 5.56mm, try to get yourself one of the fixed stock rifles and then have one of the better smiths out there convert it to an underfolder, but it won't be cheap, not even a little bit.

After the converted 95,milled is the real deal.Are the fixed stock available? Pricing new or used
approx.?
Does anybody ever see these on the used market?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arsenal has discontinued the milled SA-M5 rifles, at least for this year.  They are planning to introduce a stamped receiver model in 5.56mm.

I will say that the milled 5.56mm SA-M5 is probably the sweetest shooting AK I've ever shot, not including the Valmet and Galils, but comparable.

If you gotta have a milled 5.56mm, try to get yourself one of the fixed stock rifles and then have one of the better smiths out there convert it to an underfolder, but it won't be cheap, not even a little bit.

After the converted 95,milled is the real deal.Are the fixed stock available? Pricing new or used
approx.?
Does anybody ever see these on the used market?

If you want a SA M-5 this guy has a few left at excellent prices, w/rail and without: www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=6905607. You'd still have to get a conversion done for an underfolder ...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't even blink -- buy this thing now.  I bought my M5S a few weeks ago for $700.00 and I know the dealer made basically squat on the transaction.  It's the sweetest semi I own -- and I have a bunch.  Will be converted shortly to an AR M9 by Newton Firearms.    
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Followed your lead,kept looking,found one for $659 with the rail,sent $ today.
Thank You for your stoke,looks like milled is a subset of the addiction.

Next.....Kobra ekp  8-18 with bpo2 mount?
Plaese tell me what you think.

What mags will fit other than bulgy waffles.How are the waffles?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

==============
Good move.  I don't know about the East German Wiegers.  Anyone out there have a clue? They work great in an SAR-3.  The Waffles work just fine.  Not familiar with that Kobra, I have an older one from Tantal on an Romak II.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I hear AND I obey oh dark one.
I think this may be the best sub-forum.......at least for mill heads.

Bulgaria?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
690$ for the milled 556 is that a good price (for my own good tell me not to buy it PLEASE)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
690$ for the milled 556 is that a good price (for my own good tell me not to buy it PLEASE)

Come on buy one. You know you want to. And it will cost a little closer to $721.14 shipped
www.auctionarms.com/Closed/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=6876370.0

Is that a good price?  I cant tell you that yet. I havent picked it up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The BP 02 mount sits left of center over the rifle, this one from K-Var sits centered and is a kick ass mount: KV-04,  KV-04S ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The BP 02 mount sits left of center over the rifle, this one from K-Var sits centered and is a kick ass mount: KV-04,  KV-04S ...

What's the difference between the two?  How low does it sit?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What's the difference between the two?  How low does it sit?

$5, LOL ...

I think the "S" model is the newest design. I don't think the KV-04 sits quite as low as the BP 02  but it isn't too much taller, I wouldn't call it a high mount. I'm sure if I'm wrong about something Templar can clear it up for us ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The lowest mount I've used, and it even lets you get a good cheek weld.......

BP-02 Low from Freedom Optics

www.freedomoptics.com/Comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=141

YES OH GLOWING COAL

Just got the kobra at the ee   Now the mount  Thanks for all the help-MAX stoke

Cowboy clothes and trigger get me into Dales pants.      Roy Rogers    
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
that does look pretty darned low!  

I'm thinking of changing out my 4x posp on teh saiga 308 for one of those and a 6x ior....  I just don't know if it's worth like 600$ for the total upgrade when my present package is pretty darned usable.  Scope came with the rifle but damn useless european reticle and low magnification.  I'd rather get the ior with a dragunov reticle  that's cammed for the 308 round.......

what say you?

scope:

The saiga is here:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I never have been able to deal with the Dragunov style reticle.  I really dig the German #1 or #4 reticle though, heavy 3 point crosshair with the hair a fine one.

Gaucho, did you get the Kobra that mounts on a Weaver style base, cause most Kobras have the mount built into the scope assembly.

I just meant some sort of rangefinding reticle, I happen to like the dragunov, no clutter on top....  just me.  Their CQB reticle is cute, but it seems to cover too much of the target.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#20]
We are weavered,that way I can use the mount for  other optics,I think.
.223 milled,sounds like 880 yds of pure hit to me.

Bulgaria?????
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Got the smoothest,leanest ,best looking .223 today.
Makes my galil look and feel clunky.
As a heads up,appears deeslayer has his lowest price at sturmgewer.$659 with rail.
Super nice and clean,no flaws in exterior finish,nothing canted.10 mags on way,kobra and mount ready.
Now we see how it runs.
Thank You All for your advice and stoke.

When can I get my true darkside badge oh coal like one?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#23]
You bought out all the mags at K-Var before I could, didn't you ...

Now all you need is some SS109, it's way accurate for zombies and such but a bit expensive for plinking ...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:03:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmmmmmmm
I checked the k-var site,they do show sold out.
Hope they honor my e-mail backed, on site, pmo order...
Still
A FULL stoke

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
HEADS UP Milled Arsenal .223

NEW with 5 new mags  $650

Sturmgewehr  Great Deal

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I have not seen any of the new "no-ban" Aresenal .223s for sale at funshows this year.  It seems they sell pretty fast.  I'm looking at an older "ban" style SA M-5.  I know they were pretty limited production rifles.  Aside from the threaded muzzle on the "new" rifle, are there any reasons one would be better to have than the other?  I remember reading something about the Bulgys changing the feed ramp design on the newer mags.  I would be curious to know any opinions about the differences.  I finally gave up on Chinese and Romanian .223 AKs and want a REALLY good one for a change.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Just do a search for SA M-5 at Auction Arms ...

Deerslayer still has several listed there with rails and without ...
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top