Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2003 8:57:59 PM EDT
So you dont have to worry about shit.

Was out this weekend in my field behind the house. Was shooting into the creek with gf and a friend. Just had one of my AK's out. We just brought out 3 to 4 magazines and one drum full of ammo. Since we were just messing around we bump fired most of the ammo. I had my best bump fire ever and emptied the entire 75rd drum in one steady burst. It was awesome (except my friend was taking a movie of it and right when I started the low battery came on and didn't get any of it) Well we ran out of ammo in a few minutes and walked back to the house. About 15 minutes later I look out the window to see a nice black SUV in my driveway. Two cops that looked a little more geared up than usual along with the K-9 unit german sheperad in the backseat. I didn't realize they had pulled up so when I walked out side they were getting into their vechile and driving off. They had went to the garage and talked to my dad. Apparently some neighbor (not a close neighbor, like across another field and on the other side of the road) had called the police stating that someone was shooting a full auto in my field. They had asked my dad if I had owned any and he said no, they took his word and left. Now I know they are only local cops and probably have no clue about parts counts. But atleast I know I am 100% legal and if they ever want to check my stuff, let them look. It will only waste their time. Keep it legal boys and have fun.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuckin nosey neighbors, they all need to eat shit!!! I have them too!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Too bad your local cops don't have time to fight crime in your community.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#4]
God, how many videos have we seen with dummies bump firing their AK's into ponds.   ARRRRGGH!!!

Soookay...accidents will happen and then they will learn the hard way unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Not only just ponds, all shooting should be done into a proper backstop or in a responsible manner in a area where you know there is no chance of a stray flying out damaging property or endangering someone's life.

Like we always defend ourselves as gun owners with the say "GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE" well it is true in all aspects of shooting not just crime related stuff. A stupid careless gun owner is just as dangerous as any criminal.

When you purchase a weapon, part of that price is the responsibility of your actions with that weapon, you have awesome power that must be respected, for the safety of yourself and that of others.

Always play it safe..Life is to precious of a thing to waiste due to stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
PLenty of LEOs at my main range. Keeping it all legal makes it easier to swap toys for comparison.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Let me clarify, I was shooting into the side of a dried up creek bed. I know shooting into the water is a ilegal. Its the only spot I really shoot my ak because it offers such a good backstop. The creek when full is only like a foot deep but theres about 15ft of creek bank. So I can shoot down in the middle of the bank, well above any water and still have 7 or 8 ft above where I'm shooting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Let me clarify, I was shooting into the side of a dried up creek bed. I know shooting into the water is a ilegal. Its the only spot I really shoot my ak because it offers such a good backstop. The creek when full is only like a foot deep but theres about 15ft of creek bank. So I can shoot down in the middle of the bank, well above any water and still have 7 or 8 ft above where I'm shooting.

Your cool dude we were not refering to you with the water comments.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So you dont have to worry about shit. <snip>

.......what?!
Ok, look, I just know someone is expecting me to say something here, I can feel my ears burning, but damnit, if I can hold my tongue in regards to being baited in the general chat, I can do it here too...

...but its very very hard...

(edited to remove original comment)

Nothing personal nomack, you'll understand soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Apparently some neighbor (not a close neighbor, like across another field and on the other side of the road) had called the police stating that someone was shooting a full auto in my field.

The Sunday before Labor day I was out shooting in the back yard (which is 100% legal) and the Yuppie, liberal, city dwelling until 2 years ago lady a few houses down called on me too.  It seems that I was disturbing her party (that went on until 3 am and kept me awake)(I was shooting around noon).

The cop that came out (on Thursday, which lets you know how concerned he was) and said that he knew it was BS but he had to come out because there was a complaint.

He looked at my shooting area and made a few suggestions on improving my back stop, asked what I was shooting and left.

I guess that she called on my neighbors next door last year when they were sighting in for a deer hunt.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I went to the range that was the only thing the sheriff was worried about whether i had any full auto guns. the more they keep asking me the more I wanna fill out my Form 4 and by a legal machine gun. I mean arent there criminals out there for Pete's sake....
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#12]

the Yuppie, liberal, city dwelling until 2 years ago lady a few houses down called on me too.  

I hate people that just have to move to the country from the city, then they hate and bitch bout everythin in the country...they should just move back to the city and leave me the hell alone....

Here is an offbeat story...My ex-city dweller scum are not used to well water...so soon after they move here they notice a funny taste to there water...and they blame it on my horse shiting in her field several hundred yards away from their well...

and all the time there youngest kid is tlaking about my machine guns, though i have none, I wunder how many times they called on me and the sheriff told them to F OFF..

and another time me and a buddy were shooting our ARs bump firing and shit...well this asshole walks out and precedes to tell me how im on private property, YEAH MINE ASSHOLE!!!! then without asking he graped my buddys AR out of his hand and inspected for full auto parts. then went for mine...hehehe......when he aproached he abruptly found the muzzle of a locked and loaded AR-15 in his stomach with my finger on the trigger, I told him to "GO AHEAD AND PULL IT", fuckin asshole should mind there own damn buisness...

RANT MODE OFF
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

the Yuppie, liberal, city dwelling until 2 years ago lady a few houses down called on me too.  

I hate people that just have to move to the country from the city, then they hate and bitch bout everythin in the country...they should just move back to the city and leave me the hell alone....

Here is an offbeat story...My ex-city dweller scum are not used to well water...so soon after they move here they notice a funny taste to there water...and they blame it on my horse shiting in her field several hundred yards away from their well...

and all the time there youngest kid is tlaking about my machine guns, though i have none, I wunder how many times they called on me and the sheriff told them to F OFF..

and another time me and a buddy were shooting our ARs bump firing and shit...well this asshole walks out and precedes to tell me how im on private property, YEAH MINE ASSHOLE!!!! then without asking he graped my buddys AR out of his hand and inspected for full auto parts. then went for mine...hehehe......when he aproached he abruptly found the muzzle of a locked and loaded AR-15 in his stomach with my finger on the trigger, I told him to "GO AHEAD AND PULL IT", fuckin asshole should mind there own damn buisness...

RANT MODE OFF

WTF?!  This guy had some balls trying to grab your AR.  What was he thinking?  I can imagine the look on his face when he was faced with the business end of the rifle.  Plenty of those city transplants cheese-dicks here in NH from MA/CT/NY.

BTT.  Not looking for trouble here.  All I have to say is RSA Trigger Group and K-Var stock set
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top