Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:51:20 PM EDT
So I've got a Yugo fixed-stock kit coming in the near future from Ammunitionstore.com and I would like to build this one from an 80% blank, rather than a 100% like I used on my first build.

I've found that Bent-metal and AK-Builder both have Yugo blanks, but the ones from AK-builder are more expensive, plus another $10 for the blueprints. Has anyone used either of these? Any recommendations? Anyone know if there's some place where I can mooch a freebee Yugo receiver template?

Thanks, really lookin forward to this build

oh! and a rivet set! does anyone know where i can get a correct Yugo rivet set?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I've got a Yugo fixed-stock kit coming in the near future from Ammunitionstore.com and I would like to build this one from an 80% blank, rather than a 100% like I used on my first build.

I've found that Bent-metal and AK-Builder both have Yugo blanks, but the ones from AK-builder are more expensive, plus another $10 for the blueprints. Has anyone used either of these? Any recommendations? Anyone know if there's some place where I can mooch a freebee Yugo receiver template?

Thanks, really lookin forward to this build

oh! and a rivet set! does anyone know where i can get a correct Yugo rivet set?

Thanks again

Right now in the EE.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=308008
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
you know, i just saw those no more than 10 minutes after i posted! somehow i knew they'd be there

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my 80% from  Cold Steel  It was perfect and had the mag dimples already there and the blue prints came with it. With rails I think I paid $62 shipped to me. The 1.6 is really nice but the rails are tough to get perfect alot of cutting and grinding. Well worth it in the end.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
who sells 100% Yugo recievers for an underfolder?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
who sells 100% Yugo recievers for an underfolder?

DCI Receiver
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Harlan's receivers are to die for.  I have a total of 6 of them and each fit precisely.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
+!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Knobcreek, You doing anymore group buys on M70ab2s?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Knobcreek, You doing anymore group buys on M70ab2s?

It depends on supply...normally, if I see a vendor at a gunshow, I can bargain the price down if I tell them that I want to purchase all X number of kits.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top