Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good, hes OK.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have too agree. Not funny.  Hope your kidding or Im reading it all wrong. Have Faith my brother. The sun will come up tommorrow, birds will sing , and the World will go round. You need to be a part of it. Hang in there. WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hang in there man.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, call the family support center, a chaplin, someone.  No woman is worth that crap.  I just went through one hell of a divorce, and i've used just about every agency on base.  No matter how overwhelming this may all seem, there are people on base that can help you break it all up into smaller parts you can fix with a little help.  

You're a flyer, so there's a  doc set aside especially for us.  He works outside the entire medical system.  He's a colonel in a communications building right next to trans, across the street from MPF.  He's really got his shit together .  I wish I had his name.  He's on the 2nd floor.  Just ask over there and they'll know where he is.  

I know how bad it sucks.  You come home to this crap after being gone so long, and it seems overwhelming.  There's help out there though.  You just have to let people do so.  If there's anything I can do, look me up on the LAN.  D. Keeley at 823RHS.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
... Hey man, not cool. Not cool at all. You're a much bigger man than that, you know it. We know it, the Lord knows it
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Talk to anybody you can.  I don't know your shirt, but it's a good starting point.  You don't have to tell all, but tell something.  You've served long enough and helped enough people during your  service that it's time for the system to pay you back.  We all need that help at some point in our careers.  

As devistating as a divorce may be, there's nothing it can take away that you can't regain one day.  Careers can take some bumps and bruises.  Our kids love us no matter what happens.  in many ways, my divorce made me a better father than i woule have ever been, being miserable married to a miserable excuse for a human being.  

Money may get tight, but there's help out there.  Do you use EFCU?  Set up a VIP account.  It's an extra savings account within your existing account.  Transfer your check to it, minus some resonable form of support for the kids, if any.    Once set up, she can't touch the VIP, even if she's still on the account.  Not knowing this cost me thousands while i was in Iraq.

Tom Snyder at the FSC is shit-hot in finances.  He can help trim things down to make life more bearable when things seem their worst.  He refered me to Military debt Managament off base.  They consolidated my bills and helped put more money back in my pockets.  

Everything else just takes time.  You're AFSOC.  I don't know if you and I have ever served together, but you've most likely faced far worse than this and returned with honor.  This is no different.  Talk to people.  it doesn't have to be about the situation at hand, but keep talking even when you don't want to.  Some times others draw strength from us, and sometimes it's time for them to return the favor.  Keep your chin up.  You'll get through this in one piece.  

Dave
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]

DON'T DO IT!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey! Wake up....!

If you took the time to type that you are seeking help already...just take the next step and talk to someone face to face. Hell IM me and I will give you a number to call me collect.

MT
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
WTF..................you cant be serious. LIfe sucks some days but, you are not the only one with problems.  Doing yourself in would be the most selfish thing you could do, think about your family.

Only quitters quit, and as far as I can tell I haven't seen any quitters around here.

Dont be damn selfish fool, be a man and pick yourself up and get some dignity and self respect.

I expect to see a post from you on this, if not IM me and give me some contact info, I can call you or you can call me, I took the call block off so you can call with a blocked number

Dan
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Not funny! DO NOT DO THAT. Things WILL get better!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no idea what you're going through, man, but I know this.  God is watching you, and it breaks His heart to see you like this.  He wants to help you; all you have to do is look to Him and ask.  Unless you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself; in that case He can't help.  The choice is yours; no matter how powerless you feel, you still have that choice.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that your problems are too great for the Creator of the Universe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Good luck Pave.

I once attended an open casket funeral for a dear friend who took a gun to his head. I won't do it again. I sincerely hope your friends, neighbors, co-workers and loved ones don't have to go through what I did for a brother I loved.

Changed my religion. Literally. I could go on and on for hours about the pile of hell that's landed at my feet recently but I won't, because it simply doesn't matter, you just start over. Sometimes from the bottom. I'm not a Christian, so I can't help ya there bro, but I do know a thing or two about loss, pain, heartbreak and the like. I'll IM you my phone #, can't do collect (blocked due to some petty family issues) but if you want to talk to someone with an objective point of view Id be happy to try to help you out any way I can. I'm flat broke, without vehicle, and without work (temporarily). No wife, no kids, no one to disturb. Please call if you need someone to really talk to. I lost a friend who didn't take a chance on calling someone who cared, I'm really gonna lose faith in humankind all together if this post ends the way it started.

Please. For yourself as well as those who know and love you. Talk to someone. Anyone. Life, no matter how miserable, is a precious gift. It's not all about pleasure or success, those are just the things we tend to want, they aren't necessities. Please consider the offers of assistance here if you haven't already. I'll IM my # and shut down as I'm on dial-up. Best of luck Pave.

Wes
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:14:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I read your post. You can email me or I can call you if you like. I was in the Marine Corps for four years and work as a power plant tech. now. I just want to leave you with a couple of passages from the Holy Bible:

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pasture: he leadth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

The devil has come against me a lot of times and a lot of ways but the Lord has helped me through everything. Let me know if you want to talk.

Thanks,
Chuck Sammons

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#18]
My dad lived in his truck for about a year when he was in the same boat as you. My father is a strong and proud man. Everyone has highs and lows in life. What really makes the difference is how you handle the things that cannot be changed. Things happen and you can make it through these hard times like my father did.

Samuel
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:45:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Come on now man..Just tighten up...It's just life you gotta use that wit of youre's...It always looks different in a couple day's...God won't put you thru something he thinks you cant handle...GOD Bless...James
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Man.....don't do it. Seriously.

Years ago I thought my world was coming to an end. I had dark thoughts as well. Then something happened...I found a new job...low paying, but it was a start. then I met some new friends, and through them, I met the most  wonderful person in the world. 12 years later, she is my wife and mother of my child.

I never knew true joy until I experienced true agony.

Hang in there....it WILL get better. Just give it a little time. Call your friends, call your family, call us...talk to a priest/pastor/rabbi. Talk to somebody face to face.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Nothing can be worse than being DEAD! Don't do it. You CAN make it!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Talk to your friends.  Taking your life is very selfish because you always leave your loved ones, and friends behind.

Tex
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone heard from this guy since he posted last night?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yes.

I contacted Jeepcreep and he's taking care of it.

Well, that's a relief.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Pave,

Hang in there buddy.   If you need some one else to talk to IM me you phone # and I will call you.

Good work Jeep.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey Pave, my thoughts and prayers are with you brother, hang in there. Even the crappiest times in life turn around to new and better days.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Pave,

I don't know if you're reading this post you started or not.  But, here's the deal.  I've walked in your boots more than a mile and I'm sure that others here have as well.  It sucks and at the time you can't focus on much else.  You think that the current situation is the only one you'll ever know or have.  That simply isn't true.  

You, or no one else here, will ever know how close I came to my intentions at a particular time in place.  That's neither here nor there because it is you we are discussing.

So, here is the bottom line.  Go ahead and do the stupid shit you eluded to or take solice in the fact that there are others here who have been in your position and made the right choice and are willing to do whatever is necessary to help you through this.  You posted so I know you're looking for a nudge in the right direction.  Speaking solely for myself, I'll give you that nudge or personally come and beat it into you.

The choice is yours.  We can't fix your problem but we CAN support you through your journey.  Screw pride and let us help.  You'll have plenty of pride left over, trust me.  I'm still here because people cared.  And, I'm the better for it.

So, what's it going to be?  You want to talk to someone who's been where you're at?  Email me with your number.  I'll call you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Sweet God in heaven theres a bunch of good guys around here.

Clear Skies Pave - all thing pass with time.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Pave,
        Man,its time for a deep sea fishing trip.send me an IM and I'll try to make it down your way.We all f#^k up,but life goes on.Find a way to pull through this thing and you'll be on top of things again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Pave,

I don't know if you're reading this post you started or not.  But, here's the deal.  I've walked in your boots more than a mile and I'm sure that others here have as well.  It sucks and at the time you can't focus on much else.  You think that the current situation is the only one you'll ever know or have.  That simply isn't true.  

You, or no one else here, will ever know how close I came to my intentions at a particular time in place.  That's neither here nor there because it is you we are discussing.

So, here is the bottom line.  Go ahead and do the stupid shit you eluded to or take solice in the fact that there are others here who have been in your position and made the right choice and are willing to do whatever is necessary to help you through this.  You posted so I know you're looking for a nudge in the right direction.  Speaking solely for myself, I'll give you that nudge or personally come and beat it into you.

The choice is yours.  We can't fix your problem but we CAN support you through your journey.  Screw pride and let us help.  You'll have plenty of pride left over, trust me.  I'm still here because people cared.  And, I'm the better for it.

So, what's it going to be?  You want to talk to someone who's been where you're at?  Email me with your number.  I'll call you.

By the way, Pave, Where are you at in FL?  I just moved from Sarasota/Bradenton so I know my way back.

Again, give me your number, I'll call you.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Jeepcreep,

Anything new to add?  Have you spoken to Pave lately and is there anything more we can do?  I'm not above taking a road trip if need be.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Pave, if you ever need help, don't forget, we're friends here.

If you want to talk about your problems, we'll listen. If you need money, we'll donate some to you. If you need a place to stay, we'll clear out the guest room.

I don't know what you went through, but things will get better Pave! Trust me, they will! Please don't take your own life; you've been here for us and we're sure as hell going to be here for you!!!

Take care, Pave, and god bless ya, man. I hope things start looking up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Pave,

I don't know you, but I've had benefit of your posts, your humor & concerns. Pal, you've got more friends here than you can count. We all have demons to deal with in our lives, please deal with your's as need be. The last thing is to give in to the problem. It can be described as "Life is a shit sandwich, and , every day is just another bite." Been through some serious stuff in my life, but emerged with the belief that' no matter how bad it is, it ain't that bad. Please get through this & get back with us. We are all brothers in arms here, we care, we'll help you through this. PM me, call me, or visit me, any or of the above. God bless you............... Ron
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone heard from him?  Is he doing OK?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Jeep,

Please keep us all as informed as possible. The concern of all of us is genuine,& appreciate any news at all. Thanks man..........Ron
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Pave,

Don't do it, man. Dead is dead and it DEFINATELY won't get any better. Divorce screws up families, true, but death, especially self-inflicted, screws them up more. While things have never been quite that bad for me, it's been close. Things WILL get better, even if they look real bad right now.

I don't know if you have kids or not but, if you do, think of them. At least think about the rest of your family.  You DON'T want to do this!

I don't know you from Adam but, based on the way the rest here talk about you, you can stay here if you like. My house is a shithole and is being slowly remodeled and we don't have a guest room, but we do have a relatively comfortable couch and good food. If you're ever in Columbiana County, OH, and need a place, let me know.

Again, DON'T DO IT! It really ain't worth it, man. Please follow the advice here and talk to someone, anyone. It will help.

Jeep, heard from him lately? Like was posted above, give him our best when you do.

Bub
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Hang in there Pave.    You have many freinds that are more than willing to offer help & support, so please forget about the unthinkable.   Stay strong and think positive my freind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone been keeping tabs on this guy?   Is he still plug'in along??
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#47]
He's doing OK.Everythings going to work out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks....,  that's good to hear!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
OK now

Glad to hear, Pave!!! Have a rough one, did ya? Hang in there man.

Thin
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Great to hear you are doing better.  Hang in there bud!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top