BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I use my 12 ton press and aluminum block to remove mine.  Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use my 12 ton press and aluminum block to remove mine.  Easy peasy.
View Quote

I used to use my neighbor’s 6ton for AK builds. He’s since moved and doesn’t speak to me much since finding out I don’t hate Trump....
WECSOG for the win.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy smokes!

Cool press though.. did you make that?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, my SAR blocks were on there tight. My ARM kits came off easy, however.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holy smokes!

Cool press though.. did you make that?
View Quote

Affirmative. Being a pack rat has its advantages.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine wasn’t to bad that flash hider though... after drilling out the pin took the torch to it and a small pry bar fucking hell...
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine wasn’t to bad that flash hider though... after drilling out the pin took the torch to it and a small pry bar fucking hell...
View Quote

Hate to say it but that "pin" was a set screw... its often hard to tell as grungy as the kits are, but clean it out, put a nice fitting Allen wrench in, pop it loose and all the ones I have done spin off pretty easily. (And yes it does look weird with the two little things that look like staking marks on either side of the set screw)
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I just did this job with a SAR block.
Cut the barrel about 1/4" away from both ends to make it fit in the bench vise jaws.
I used the small socket and large socket in the vise technique, same as removing old u-joint caps from a yoke.

..Except the vise maxed-out and the bar was bending with a pipe on it.
So then I put it all in the log splitter to pop the barrel out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just did this job with a SAR block.
Cut the barrel about 1/4" away from both ends to make it fit in the bench vise jaws.
I used the small socket and large socket in the vise technique, same as removing old u-joint caps from a yoke.

..Except the vise maxed-out and the bar was bending with a pipe on it.
So then I put it all in the log splitter to pop the barrel out.
View Quote

LOL, So was my WECSOG press.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hate to say it but that "pin" was a set screw... its often hard to tell as grungy as the kits are, but clean it out, put a nice fitting Allen wrench in, pop it loose and all the ones I have done spin off pretty easily. (And yes it does look weird with the two little things that look like staking marks on either side of the set screw)
View Quote

Good info! This one was mangled a bit and not part of my project so I'm lucking out here with this bit of info Thank you sir
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I just demilled a SAR that had the separate bayo lug and couldn’t get my 12 ton press to phase it, drilled out the barrel and just rotated it off.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just demilled a SAR that had the separate bayo lug and couldn’t get my 12 ton press to phase it, drilled out the barrel and just rotated it off.
View Quote

Yeah, I damaged mine trying to get it off. I torched and froze it, 12 tons wouldn't budge it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Did you use any heat Sparky?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did you use any heat Sparky?
View Quote

Nope. Applying heat is normally frowned upon in my profession. Didn’t consider it.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top