Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 5:12:26 AM EDT
Hi all,

Got my SAR-2 back some time ago from putting on a new FSB and the romy brake...

Problem is, now i shoots quite a bit to the left at 200 meters. Say, about a foot. Obviously off close-range, too. The base itself is aligned perfectly vertical.

How can I adjust windage? Is it just knocking the front sight base with a leather mallet until it's lined up? There's gotta be a better way than that

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a C clamp and a small socket set from your work area. The front post rests in a roughly 1/4" cylinder in the base, so find a small socket to push on one side, and a larger socket for the other side so the cylinder is nto stopped by the clamp. Push a bit, shoot a group, repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a Chinese AK sight tool sold by various vendors for around $8.00 but I heard that it doesn't work that great so I went with the B-Square AK sight tool. It cost around $20.00, but is definitely a quality piece and easy to use. It clamps onto the front sight base and then you just turn the adjustment screw in the direction you want. Those are about the only choices you have.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top