Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 1:55:22 PM EDT
Hello, everyone.  I hope you are all having a wonderful christmas.  I just wanted to post a question to those who know bulgarian mags better than me.  I just picked up two new 30 rd 7.62 bulgarian polymer waffle mags that are identical to my other bulgarian mags except the followers.  The followers in my old mags are plastic, while these new ones are steel.  They look well made, but steel none the less.  Which ones are supposed to be used in the bulgarian polymer mags?  Also, will this cause reliability or wear issues?  I do not want to use steel followers that will wear out my mag bodies if they are incorrect.  Thanks for all replies.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you buy your new mags at?

Apparently, there's been some report of mags from JoeKen having metal followers, as opposed to plastic ones.

I've got a bunch of the things (from JoeKen), and it appears after examining them, I've got a mixed load - some metal, some plastic.

They all function fine.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think there's a reliability or wear issue, but I'll disclaimer that with a "I'm not a scientist", so...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys.  I just wanted to make sure before using them so I did not risk harming a great magazine with a metal follower that some jackass might have stuck in there.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top