Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:27:42 PM EDT
I'm interested in getting a Krinkov kit, for a pistol build.

Several Questions:

1) CAn I legally build it as a pistol or is it a NFA type issue ? ( I live in NH)

2) Where can pistol rear trunions be found.

3) Who has Krinkov kits now ?    I see Centerfire Systems and Rapid fire - there is a $60 difference in price, Ceterfire systems is a yr 2000, and Rapid Fires is 2003,  ANyone get these or know the relative pro's & con's .

Thanks,
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
you can make it as a pistol.........providing that your local community, or state does not have any law against AW type pistols, or has a weight restriction for pistols with detachable magazine. you will have to install a rear trunion that won't allow a buttstock to be installed, and the receiver has to be a "virgin" receiver.......one that has never been assembled or designated as a rifle receiver. as for price, I would go with whoever is cheapest, the M92s are brand new guns that were demillled, and both companies are good folks to deal with
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Hiker!

I'm in the same boat as you are, and am NOT an expert in any sense, but I think I can help.

#1. I believe you can legally build it as a pistol. There are several companies selling M92 Krinkov pistols on the market today, so I assume (in other words GUESS lol!) that a kit could be made into a pistol if registered as one. This ia a quote from Ohio Rapid Fire's website:

Can they be built as pistols?... Yes, just get a pistol rear trunnion and keep or sell off the underfolder stock.

#2. There is no difference between an Underfolder Trunion and a Pistol Trunion, both have closed backs. Simply install an Underfolder Trunion in your new reciever without cutting the holes for the stock.  You can get a new Underfolder/pistol trunion from Florida Gunworks for around $70.00 but theres no reason why you can't use the trunion that comes with your kit (if you get the Ohio Rapid Fire kit).

3. Centerfire Systems has the best deal on Krinkovs as far as price goes. As for me? I decided to go with Ohio Rapid Fire because of their association with AR15.com and because of their excellent customer service.  I don't think there are many differences between the 2000 and 2003 models.

I hope this helped a little.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
FL Gunworks... Anyone ever dealt with them ? I have heard some stories and want to validate before I do business with them. I too am interested in building a Krink kit.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FL Gunworks... Anyone ever dealt with them ? I have heard some stories and want to validate before I do business with them. I too am interested in building a Krink kit.

Rich

As far as I can tell, there have been no life forms on this planet that have ever received any products from Florida Gun Works.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually? I have. Not the greatest people to deal with, very very slow shipping. I bought a HK scope mount from them that took about 6 weeks to get in. I called them a month into waiting and I think they forgot my order or something. Anyway I have gotten stuff from them. Are they high on my list of dealers?No. But they do have new rear trunions for sale.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
i got the m-92 from ohio rapid fire,...its a 2003 real nice im putting together a reciver from a flat,. check you local laws like was said above,....

i want another krink,.. in a 5.45 SBR so i gotta save up for that.

i would recomend ORF
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Ouch!... That's a lot of OT for me $539. Sure does look purdy though on their web site. $539 is a lot for me to spend right at this moment for something I have never built before. I am in the process of waiting for my first AK kits to arrive and am putting together my Parkerizing/GunKote system while I wait for them.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
SO - I called Centerfire Systems today . They had just received a new shipment of more Krinkov kits today ( I think they said they rec'd 70 - and had already sold 20....the salesman said he expected to be sold out in a day or 2. SO...I ordered one. )

Question regarding the statement above :"and the receiver has to be a "virgin" receiver.......one that has never been assembled or designated as a rifle receiver "

DOes this mean if I purchase a Global Trades 1,mm receiver, and have it tranferred via my class 01 Dealer - that it can't be then asembled as a pistol ?

Seems to say the only way is to build your own ffrom a flat....

Or can you purchase a finished receiver from Global, but inidicate it is for a pistol build...is that possible ?

Please excuse all of my newbie questions, but I think I have a Krink bug now....I wnat to learn how to build one of these.

Group buy on rear trunions ?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Have your dealer call it in and specify as a handgun on the 4473 (Yellow Sheet). Also ask the dealer for a copy of the yellow sheet and document it. I have taken it one further by photographing the virgin receiver along with the receipt and a copy of the local paper showing the date.  My dealer will state on the receipt stripped new unassembled receiver.

I may go overboard but my local dealer is cool and it never hurts. I believe that just the 4473 would CYA.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
OK< Thanks for the info on how to order the finished receiver.

Is the Global Trades 1.0mm finished receiver the best one to use for a krink pistol build. ?

Also, I had someone answer one of my posts elsewhere, saying that "Aztec Arms" also has the rear trunions. - now to find the web address for them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rich

As far as I can tell, there have been no life forms on this planet that have ever received any products from Florida Gun Works.

That's not true.
I have a friend who received two of the biggest POS kits I've ever seen from them.
And it only took about a month to get them

Hiker,

I believe the poster meant to AZEX
http://www.azexarms.com/
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Florida gun works=Florida Gun ripoffs (Look at their kit prices-180$ for a Romanian! WTF?!?!)

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]
yes they are ripoffs their prices are out of this world.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually got a kit from them once.

It took about a month of waiting and ignored emails before I cancelled my order.  The kit arrived a week or so later.  They didn't charge my CC.

Serves them right.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top