Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 1:14:26 PM EDT
Looking to buy my first AK. I want one that will empty a 30 rd mag without jamming and has some degree of accuracy.    One that I can take out a few times a year and play with,  One that I can yank out of the closet, and have confidence that I can protect my family with.   I don't think I care if it has "matching numbers"  or the hand guard is a different tint than the stock.   just a good reliable firearm.    Don't have deep pockets, don't want to buy a piece of junk.  There are a lot advertised from about $285.00 to $399.00.   Can I get what I want for that price??
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Romanian SAR-1 for under $400.

They aren't the prettiest guns but they are reliable, affordable and many shoot 2" groups at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Get an SAR-1

Bar none, best for your money
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Greetings. I am new to the forum and don't mean to butt in. But I have a similar question. I have narrowed my selection to 2 different rifles. Arsenal SAM-7 Carbine or the VEPR K 7.62 x 39 mm? In the end I will have to decide, and it will depend on availability, but any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Assuming you have a few tools and a garage, you could just build an AK for about 225 bucks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a Norinco Mak90!
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top