Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 1:15:35 AM EDT
Looking for an AK in 7.62.  Only requirements are that it has synthetic furniture and it is new.  If I could grab mags and a sling in the same go even better.  It will be used as a cheap amo plinker and SHTF weapon.  No fancy stuff like scope mounts, forward handles, or muzle brake needed.  Plane Jane that can get abused a little and keep ticking.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess would be to get an SAR-1 before they dry up and then put some synthetic furniture on it from www.k-var.com.

The SAR should come with a sling and possibly a mag or two.  You can get waffle mags from k-var as well.

Here is a guy I bought an SAR-2 from a couple weeks ago (currently in transit, Colorado according to UPS).

www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=id:129045
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
www.facamerica.com/007.asp
I vote for the single stack Romy AK for $180 and do the conversion yourself. Stock set and fire control group cover your US parts count and are upgrades from what comes on the gun (can get all in one shipment from FAC). About $350 plus shipping/ffl, and your time to do the work. Otherwise SAM7.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
What would be a good beater just to go out and shoot and not worry about future value?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If I was going to get a beater it would a SAR or maybe a WSAR and then convert it Hi-caps.

A Saiga is another cheap way to get into the AK game.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top