Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:26:12 AM EDT
Title says it all. They are sellng me a Rusian SKS in almost perfect condition and well I was just wondering how much it is worth. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen them selling for 275.00- 325.00
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have seen them selling for 275.00- 325.00

Sounds about right.  I would say at least 300 as long as it isn't Tapco'ed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys they are asking $250 for it. It has what he said was the original sling. Also said all the numbers matched. Not sure what he meant since I have not really looked into the SKS.And a couple hundred rounds of ammo. Also said there was something inside the back part of the stock. I looked it over and it looked great. Nice even colors. I have seen some around from$89 online to $205 around here in Harlingen.Most of them look shitty. He is calling me on Tuesday so if I buy I will post pics. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks guys they are asking $250 for it. It has what he said was the original sling. Also said all the numbers matched. Not sure what he meant since I have not really looked into the SKS.And a couple hundred rounds of ammo. Also said there was something inside the back part of the stock. I looked it over and it looked great. Nice even colors. I have seen some around from$89 online to $205 around here in Harlingen.Most of them look shitty. He is calling me on Tuesday so if I buy I will post pics. Thanks

Don't  compare this to the 89 Yugos.   Even a well worn Russian is going to bring some premium values.   You might take a look at gunbroker.com to see what Russians are selling for right now, and what the condition looks like, as a baseline.

The "thing" inside the stock is the cleaning kit.  

Just for your info, if the stock is laminated, it is a refurbished rifle from the arsenal.   Not that that is bad, just that it has been gone through and probably is in pretty good condition.   The hardwood stocked rifles that have not been refurbished would probably bring a premium.   Although, that is not to say that all hardwood rifles have not been gone through;  I own a hardwood that does have the square with the slashing line through it, meaning it has also been back to the arsenal for rework.

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top