Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:40:31 PM EDT
Is it black paint ? Is it very durable ? I was thinking of ordering a SA-M7 A1 and I have heard the finish is crap . What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The finish on the SAM models is great, not sure what it is though. The paint on the SLR rifles is the Bulgarian paint and is not very durable. (I replaced mine with gunkoat).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
"The paint on the SLR rifles is the Bulgarian paint and is not very durable. (I replaced mine with gunkoat)."

Ditto.  Bulgarian rifles are the BEST - except for the paint.  Comes right off with ZStrip (fast), or any serious cleaning solvent (slower, but it still comes off).

Buy 'em, strip 'em, GunKote 'em :)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
So the SA M-7 is finished with paint? Anymore imput?

I dont know if I would consider Arsenal Inc. the Best AK , I like my Polytechs and Norincos. You cant beat that blued finish.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
M-5's and M-7's are Epoxy over park ...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a fairly new SA M7. It is indeed painted, but it's tough as hell. I'm really impressed with it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"The paint on the SLR rifles is the Bulgarian paint and is not very durable. (I replaced mine with gunkoat)."

Ditto.  Bulgarian rifles are the BEST - except for the paint.  Comes right off with ZStrip (fast), or any serious cleaning solvent (slower, but it still comes off).

Buy 'em, strip 'em, GunKote 'em :)

+1. HORRIBLE finish on my SLR-105. It would be like walking into a hardware store and buying a can of spray paint for your BMW. Great rifles, but put on another finish.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top